The Wrong Love - Part One

*A/N Thank you again to Sienna_Banana520 for the idea! You're the best! I love your comments and suggestions! Check out her Fanfic if you haven't already!*

His hair. His eyes. His mouth. Everything I think is related to him. I want to tell him. Thomas. Ever since the day he showed up I'd admired him from afar.

"Stop day dreaming and just tell the shank! He'd be crazy not to like you back!" My best friend Minho says as we sketch maps. He looks over my shoulder and judges the doodle of Thomas I'd subconsciously drawn on the back of my map.

I blush. "And if he doesn't like me? I'll embarrass myself and become the gossip of the whole Glade!"

Minho rolls his eyes. "So what? His loss not yours! The entire Glade has a crush on you!"

"You really think so?" I ask.

He scoffs. "I know so. Lots of stuff happens at the bonfires, which you would know if you came!"

"This is not about the bonfires! I don't trust you shanks when you're all jacked on Gally's drink!" I roll my eyes, punching him in the arm playfully.

"Fair enough," Minho agrees, "but I'm serious, just go tell the shank you like him or I will!" He pushes me out the door.

I giddily skip out the door, biting my lip as I make my way to the Homestead where I expect to find Thomas. My breath catches as I hear his voice from behind the door and I begin to rethink everything. What if Minho is wrong?

"-Tom." The voice is feminine. Teresa.

I can almost hear the smile in his voice as he replies, "I like how you call me Tom. It sounds nice."

My legs move without me telling them to and as I step around the door, my eyes are marred by an image of Thomas and Teresa standing so close that their noses almost touch. Her hand slinks up and down his arm, thrown off when he sees me a jumps.

"Y/N!" He exclaims. "What are you doing?"

I back away, tears stinging my eyes. "I- I just wanted to talk to you, but your busy so-" I can't do this. I spin on my heel and march away.

"Y/N?" Thomas calls after me, but I ignore him and speed walk to the map room, locking the door behind me so no unwanted Gladers can get in. I slump against the wall and bury my face in my hand and knees. My confidence drains with each tear that falls. I gulp in the oxygen, relishing in the sweet scent of the paper and ink mingling.

"Y/N?" The door jingles open and Newt walks in, wiping sweat from his forehead. I'd forgotten that not all of the Runners were back. "Are you alright?"

My face flushes. "Yeah, sorry. I was just tired. I'll go." I get up and my bite my lip to prevent from sobbing into a heap again.

"Hey, hey, hey." Newt pulls me into his arms and the safety I find in them reminds me of a big brother's love. He holds me to his chest as I cry into his shirt and tell him everything. "Don't cry for that shank," he advises. "He'll realize his mistake soon enough and you'll never hear the end of his undying love for you."

"Thanks," I sniff, embarrassed by my dramatic outburst. "I hope you're right."