Language of Love

I yawn widely as I wake up to the sound of someone scuffling around blindly. Though my eyes burn with exhaustion, I force them open and murmur, "Newt? That you?" 

His warmth isn't radiating from beside me like it was when we fell asleep last night, his arms wrapped around my body. Usually, he slept in his own hammock outside of my hut, but last night we'd been talking late and apparently had never said good bye. 

"Yes, love?" A tinge of guilt marred his voice. The sound was foreign on his lips and my curiosity sparks.

"What are you doing?"

I sit up and my eyes slowly adjust to the light that trickles in from the cracks in the door. He stands at my dresser, shoving a drawer closed, and quickly finds his place at my bed once again saying, all too quickly, "Nothing."

"Uh huh," I murmur, entirely unconvinced. "Let's try again, what were you doing?"

Newt scoots in to my side, swaddling my blanketed figure in his arms. "I wasn't doing anything. I just woke up."

My hands find their way to his chest and I squirm out of his embrace. 

"Liar," I exclaim in surprise.  I give him a once over that practically vomits my shock and amused confusion all over his body. "What were you-"

He shuts me up by planting his lips on mine, swallowing my question in the kiss. I can't help but kiss him back and let him pull me onto his lap. His hands fit perfectly in the small of my back to hold me against his chest. I wrap my legs around his waist and snake my fingers through his golden hair. When we finally break apart, the bubble of exhilaration in my belly is enough to sweep my curiosity right out the back door of my mind.

"Well, good morning to you," I say. A bashful grin has taken residence on my face.

Newt smiles his bright, goofy smile right back at me and I can't help myself. I give him one last peck on the lips before shooing him out of the room so I can get dressed for the day. Like the gentleman he is, Newt doesn't protest and gives me privacy. 

Pulling a fresh shirt from my dresser, the thought creeps back in and I pull open the third drawer Newt had been riffling through earlier. On top of my variety of jeans, shorts, and leggings rests a little yellow paper that, in slightly loopy handwriting, reads, "You look lovely today."

A pleased gasp escapes my lips and the smile returns. Aw, Newtie Baby. My heart swells with a mixture of pride and affection. I take the sticky note and move to place it on my mirror so I can look at it every morning, but find that another treasure has already been pressed to the mirror's surface, this one reading, "No one makes me smile the way you do."

My grin refuses to be erased as I go on a little treasure hunt around my room to find as many of the notes as I can. When I'm fully satisfied, I have a total of nine papers to my mirror.

"Nothing is better than spending time with you."

"You bring meaning to my life."

"You're the kindest person I know."

"I like myself better when I'm with you."

"No gift I could ever give could repay the debt I owe. You are the greatest gift."

"You are my home."

"Never forget how much I love you."

"Thank you."

My kiss is wet with tears against Newt's cheek.

"Love? Are you alright? Why are you crying?" He asks frantically, pulling me into an embrace and then holding me at arm's length so he can look at me.

I smile and swipe at the tears that trickled down my face sometime between when I left my hut and now. "I don't deserve you."

"You've got that backwards."

"I love you."

"I love you more." 

I drown in his eyes and words evade me.

Newt hugs me again. "You found the notes?"

I nod against his chest. 

"I hope you liked them."

"Like is an understatement," I answer.

"I wanted to give you a gift to show how much I love you, but I don't have anything except my words. You deserve the world. I wish I could give it to you."

Gazing up into the pools of dark chocolate that are his eyes, I say truthfully, "Newt, you are my world."

*A/N I know, I know. It's really cheesy and cliche, but I thought it was cute. Thanks for reading, loves!*