Truth or Dare

*A/N Thank you maze-runner-squad for the idea! I love getting requests!*

The fire blazes, casting a glow of orange and gold on the faces of all the Gladers. I take a seat on the makeshift log benches next to my best friend, Newt. He nudges my shoulder.

"You can tell him now that he's back!" Newt suggests, a mischievous grin pulling at his lips.

My face flushes bright pink and my y/e/c eyes dart to the Runner at the sidelines of the wrestling ring. "No, I- I can't! He might not like me back!"

Newt scoffs. "How can he not like you? The whole shucking Glade likes you!"

"You don't like me like that!" I point out.

Now it's Newt's turn to blush. "That's different. The point is, Minho is not gonna break your heart. If he does, the entire Glade will break his face. I will personally ensure that he gets Banished if he hurts you."

"You would not!" I exclaim, giggling softly. "Minho's your friend too, you wouldn't Banish him!"

"Yeah, you're right," Newt admits. "But I have no problem doing this!" He stands and cups his hands around his mouth to shout, "Anyone wanna play Truth or Dare?"

I grit my teeth and hiss, "Don't. Even. Think. About. It."

Newt just chuckles and grabs my arm, pulling me into the forming circle of boys willing to join the game. Of course, Minho is amongst them. He looks bored, but his dark eyes spark with interest. My gaze lingers on his beautiful orbs for a moment longer than they ought.

"Winston," Minho starts. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," the Slicer replies, hesitating slightly.

He grins. "I dare you to challenge the strongest Glader in your opinion."

Winston blows out a sigh, but stands lock jawed as he says, "Let's go then, Gally."

The skinny Slicer loses, but puts up a surprisingly good fight for such a thin boy. Not that I'm paying attention. My eyes are trained on Minho who looks appalled that he wasn't selected for the fight.

"I said the strongest Glader, Winston! Not the one you think will leave you with the fewest bruises!" Minho shouts, earning a growl from Gally.

Winston just shakes his head and moves on, massaging his pummeled chin. "Truth or dare, Fry?"

"Truth," Frypan answers nonchalantly.

"Hmm..." Winston stares at the ground thoughtfully as he searches for a good question. "Where does the extra bacon go? I know there's enough for three slices per Glader, but somehow we only end up with two."

"Gotta stash. I cook it so I get to eat it. If ya don't like that, you be the Cook."

His answer is followed by a chorus of angry outbursts from the bacon-loving boys. I laugh and boo along with the rest of them. This girl loves her bacon.

Frypan holds his hands up in surrender, but doesn't look apologetic in the slightest. "Ya can't blame me!" After a bit more laughter, he continues the game. "Jeff! Truth or dare?"

The Medjack replies, "Truth."

"What do you and Clint do when no one else is around?" Frypan's grin drips in impishness.

Jeff groans, much to the amusement of the Gladers. "Nothing! Literally nothing! We just reorganize stuff, but there's hardly anytime with no one around cuz you shanks are always getting hurt!"

"Tell the truth!" One of the Gladers hollers.

More laughter follows this added comment, but once it calms, Jeff turns to me, saying, "Y/N, truth or dare?"

"Dare," I say confidently. If I never say truth, I'll never have to admit my crush.

He grins. "I dare you to kiss the most attractive boy."

My heart drops. So much for my tactic. "Er, what?"

"You heard him." Newt has an impish smile plastered to his face, but his eyes glimmer kindly. He nods encouragingly.

I bite the inside of my lip and stand, feigning confidence as I walk across the circle to Minho. The Gladers ooh and a blush creeps onto my cheeks.

Minho's facade of coolheadedness drops as I approach. He glances to his sides as if expecting me to walk to one of the surrounding Gladers, but when my gait stays straight, his face melts into a grin. Our lips meet and suddenly I know bliss.

When we break apart, the Gladers whoop and cheer, but everything but him has vanished from my awareness.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for that," Minho whispers.

I smile. "I've been meaning to tell you, I really like you."

He kisses me again, this time his hands find my back and pull me in closer. I pull away after an everlasting moment, gasping for breath. Minho's pearly white teeth are revealed as he grins. "Yeah, I really like me too."

My insecurities leak out for a moment, but I try to laugh it off by smacking his arm playfully, pleasantly surprised by the firmness beneath his sleeve.

"To be honest, I like you more than you can comprehend," Minho mutters. Then his lips are on mine again.

"Finally!" Newt whoops. I smile against myself. He was right. Again.