2

***

He stared at the boy, a small blush creeping onto his cheeks. He ignored everything else that was going on around him. He didn't notice the shorter boy standing next to him, trying to get his attention.

He wished he had the courage to go up and ask him out....

***

Where is he?

Minho tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for his friend to arrive. In his hand he held two plates of cheesecake that he had gotten a couple minutes ago. 

Although he did see a bunch of students he knew go into the cafeteria, he just couldn't spot Jisung's unique squirrel-like face and dark fluffy hair. With growing frustration, he set down the plates and pulled out his phone.

Ding, ding.

"Ah." his face fell.

sungie <3
hyungggggg!
omg hyung u would not believe what just happened
I THINK FELIX JUST ASKED ME OUT
he asked if i wanted to get cheesecake with him from the cafeteria!
AGUAGDOAUGDADGUOQYHSOAULDHAUKJDHAJK
I SAID YES
I COULD NEVER SAY NO TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
ill totally tell you what happens later
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you
you said we were going to eat togeth|
i guess i'll just eat alon|
of course felix is more import|
oml he asked you out?
he totally likes you 😌
i do too|
see u later!
delivered

Minho shoved his phone back into his pocket and walked out the cafeteria, throwing out the cheesecake on the way.

***

The warm breeze ruffled Minho's ginger hair, tickling his sun-kissed skin. He was out in the field of the school, lying in the shade of a huge tree with a half-empty juice box sitting next to him.

He gazed up at the aquamarine sky, trying to take his mind off Jisung by counting the amount of birds he saw overhead. It obviously didn't work, seeing how he gave up after counting two.

Minho had no right to be jealous of Lee Felix. Everybody liked Felix, the sunshine of the school. And of course, that included Jisung.

Jisung and Minho had been friends since elementary school, starting from when the latter had been forced by his mother to go and interact with other children. Apparently, Jisung had just moved into the neighbourhood, so thanks to the help of the over-ecstatic mothers, they had become close friends. 

Holy shit I'm gay, is what had ran through Minho's head when he first laid his eyes on Jisung. He had been captivated by Jisung's beauty and personality. He wondered how somebody could possibly be as cute as him. He admired the way Jisung's eyes lit up when he found something he liked or when his cheeks puffed out in annoyance when Minho teased him. 

Minho was two years older than Jisung so he had entered high school earlier than him. He had found himself waiting for his classes to end so that he could run to Jisung's middle school and get ice cream together. 

And then, this year, Jisung became a first year high school student and fell in love with Felix. Even though it broke Minho's heart, he tried to be a good best friend and encouraged Jisung to keep going after his crush.

You can do it, Jisung! 

You can talk to him!

You should totally ask him out.

He totally likes you back!

And in the process, he buried his own feelings deeper and deeper into his heart to the point that he could no longer show his true self to anyone.

"Ugh, I'm so hopeless. And hungry." Minho was stupid to have not eaten anything. He'll have to get some instant ramen on the way back from school.

***

Minho didn't bother waiting for Jisung after school.

They usually walked home together, but today he knew that Jisung probably had plans with Felix or something. Also he was kind of pissed by the fact that Jisung just abandoned him, so yes, he walked home alone.

As expected, he heard a small ding from his phone. He didn't bother to check it, he knew who it was.

He stopped by a small convenience store near his house to buy some ramen as well as ice cream and milk. Since he lived alone, he had to buy all the necessities of life. It made him seriously regret the decision to tell his mother that he was 'responsible' enough to be left alone.

"Eh?" Minho frowned when he noticed that the door to his apartment was unlocked. He carefully took out the jug of milk he had bought for protection, and slowly walked in.

"Hey Minh--"

Slam.