9

***

He had been so sure it was him....

***

"Are you sure you're ok, hyung?" Jisung asks, concern written all over his face. "You ran all the way here, sweating like crazy."

Minho shrugged, stabbing his strawberry cake with his fork. "I just heard that they had strawberry cake so I came really fast."

"Ok..." Jisung was doubtful, but didn't pry any further. After the whole 'Minho-ran-away-at-the-park-and-left-Jisung-alone' thing, the two of them had gone with their daily lives as if nothing had happened. Jisung had just assumed that Minho was sick and left him be for the weekend.

They ate in silence. It's not like they could hear each other if one had tried to start a conversation, anyway. The school cafeteria was so loud, the neighbouring cities could probably hear them.

After they finished and the bell rang, Minho and Jisung went their own way back to their classrooms. As Minho settled into his seat, his phone rang.

sungie <3
omg hyung i just had the perfect idea

you
yeah?

sungie <3
how about
up until my birthday
(which is next week on friday)
i put small presents in felix's locker anonymously
and then when its revealed that we're soulmates
i could tell him it was me, i was the one who was giving him all the gifts!!

Oh fuck...how do I tell him that it's a bad idea and that I'm actually his soulmate and that Changbin likes Felix and Felix likes him back and that they are probably soulmates? Minho fretted, his hands sweaty.

you
i think it's a great idea

sungie <3
great!
can you come with me after school to buy a present?

This really isn't a good idea... Minho thought.

you
sure
i hafta go now,
the teacher is here

sungie <3
ok!
i have to go too
byeee see u later!

***

"Do you think he likes chocolate?" Jisung said. "Or maybe just candy...Hi-chew? Rice cakes? Hm, he seems like the guy who likes rice cakes..."

"Whatever you think is best," Minho replied. They were at the convenience store by his house, buying a suitable present for Lee Felix. He really didn't want to come, but since he had already agreed, he had no choice but to go.

"C'mon, hyungggggg! Help me pick!!!"

"Uhm...rice cakes?"

"Great! I should get chocolate for him as well. Hm...dark or milk? Hazelnut or almond?"

Minho internally groaned. All he wanted to do was go home and sleep off all his problems. A small tingling of nervousness crawled up his throat - Jisung's nervousness. The poor boy was now in his own dilemma, trying to figure out if he should get the chocolate with the purple wrapper or the one with the green wrapper.

I hate all this soulmate shit. 

"Hm? Ah, you're the guy from earlier!"

He flinched at the familiar voice, and slowly turned around. "Haha...hi, Changbin."

"Eh? Seo Changbin? you mean that emo buff dude that's a year older than me?" Jisung dropped his chocolates and peered down at Changbin, who stood at around an inch shorter than him. "Are you and Minho hyung friends?"

"Uh, no, not really." Changbin replied. He was still in his school uniform like them, and tucked under his arm was a box full of candy. "We kinda met today. Who're you?"

"I'm Han Jisung! Nice to meet you!" Jisung stuck out his hand and Changbin shook it. "Wow, it's been a while since I've seen someone shorter than me."

"Sungie." Minho slapped his palm against his forehead.

"Oops. Sorry. So what are you doing here?" Jisung continued to interrogate the older male.

"Uh....buying stuff? This is a public convenience store, right?" Changbin sweatdropped. 

"OOOH! Are you buying candy for someone?? Who? Who?" Jisung leaned forward, eager to know.

"Oh, this is for my crush, F--"

"HAHA! JISUNG HOW ABOUT WE GO NOW IF YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED?" Minho leaped forward and put his hand over Changbin's mouth. "IT WAS NICE TO MEET YOU, CHANGBIN! GOTTA GO!!"

He quickly pushed Jisung to the counter, paid for the stuff, and left as fast as he could.

"Uh...hyung? What was that? I really wanted to know who Changbin-ssi's crush was." Jisung pouted.

"Believe me, Sungie. you don't want to know."