19

last chapter :0

love you guys <3

btw my friend made this playlist for this book and you can find it in the introduction part

please dont leave after this chapter, there is still an epilogue and a couple extra chapters left! 

***

Minho was just about to leave his house to go to Felix's party when he caught himself looking in the mirror of his bathroom.

The ginger dye in his hair was running out, as he could see a few strands of his natural brown hair at the top of his head poking out. His eyes were double-lidded because he was tired, and his face was a lot slimmer than it had been at the start of September. He had changed out of his school uniform into a white shirt with blue stripes and jeans. He held Felix's present in one hand, and his phone in the other. 

Minho was never one to care about his appearance. He had showed up at his high school orientation in Spider-Man pajamas. Once, he wore a coffee-spilt shirt and swimming trunks to a job interview. (And yes, he got hired.) He liked the school uniform because it meant he didn't have to pick out a new outfit every day.

But for some reason, he couldn't tear his eyes away from his reflection. What if he accidentally ran into Jisung at the party? What would he say? Would he run away? Would he cry?

No, he shouldn't cry. He's already humiliated himself enough.

"You're a bitch," Minho snapped at himself, and left.

It was raining outside, but it wasn't very cold, so Minho let himself get soaked. When he arrived at Felix's house, he shook himself off and rang the doorbell.

A girl who seemed to be a couple years younger than him opened the door. She had long brown hair and wore a yellow turtleneck. Behind her, in the house, Minho could already hear people laughing and chatting with one another. 

"Yongbok, one of your guests are hereeeeee!" The girl called, and none other than Lee Felix appeared and smiled at Minho. His freckles were very much visible on his tanned skin, and a depressing blue party hat sat on top his blonde hair.

"Hi hyung! Come on in! Jisung and Chan hyung are here already. You can just drop your present off in the pile by the couch!" Felix dragged the senior inside.

Just my luck. The two people I need to avoid are here before me.

"I, uh, sort of need to leave early." Minho mumbled, feeling a pang of guilt. But no backing out now. "I don't feel very well."

"Oh, really?" Genuine concern laced Felix's voice. "That's a bummer. Do you think you'll be ok enough to stay for cake? It's mint choco..."

Mint choco... Minho almost started drooling, but he controlled himself. "Well...."

"MINHO MY GUY!" Bang Chan, in all his Australian glory, jumped onto Minho and shook him. "DON'T LEAVE!! YOU NEED TO STAY FOR CAKE!"

There was a hint of threatening malice in his words, and Minho was too scared to decline. "U-um, ok! Ok, ok, fine!"

"Jisung is over there, you should go say HI!" Chan guffawed loudly.

Chan, you little piece of shit. When Felix turned around, Minho punched Chan in the gut. "What are you doing?"

"You and Jisung had a spat, didn't you?" Chan whispered. "Go make up. Or make out. Both works."

"Fuck you--" But before Minho could protest more, Chan pushed him over to where Jisung was sitting. The latter looked up from the candy mix bowl he was half-heartedly picking at and blinked rapidly.