12

~~~

He couldn't concentrate.

~~~

Minho was used to the silence.

In fact, he embraced the silence.

Since he lived alone, he could do whatever he wanted, wear whatever he wanted, and eat whatever he wanted. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the only sound that was ever made within Minho's household was the TV and the shower. Then there were the times when Jeongin/Chan/Jisung came over and destroyed his eardrums (along with most of his furniture). But he was thankful for his friends, they were the ones who dragged his introverted ass out into the sun to get fresh air every now and then.

But yes, Minho loved the silence as muchashelovedJis--

He shook his head vigorously. He needed to stop thinking about him. He needed to disclose and isolate his emotions. He couldn't let his feelings control him.

He laid down heavily on his bed and stared up at his ceiling fan. He had always wondered what would happen if the fan had just fallen on him. He would probably get a broken collarbone, and in a worse case scenario, he would probably die.

That sounds fun.

He turned his head and glanced at the shopping bag on his desk. Inside were the notebook, pens, and small quokka figurine he had bought for Jisung (with Jeongin), and a pack of yellow-duck-patterned pencils for Felix. He really didn't want to buy anything for Felix, but he knew it was common manners to buy the birthday dude a present for his birthday party.

"Gahh!" Minho's eyes widened and he put his hand to his mouth. It suddenly felt like someone was stabbing him repeatedly in the gut, making the spaghetti and meatballs he had for lunch climb up his throat and threaten to spill out.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" It hurt everywhere. Breathing heavily, he tried to think why he was feeling so sick all of a sudden. And only one answer came to mind.

Jisung.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!" If Chan had been there, he would have washed Minho's mouth out with soap, but he couldn't dwell on that now. He grabbed his phone and opened his contacts with trembling fingers.

you
fuck
sungie
are you ok

sungie <3 is typing.... 

you
plz answer asap
are you ok
sungie
hello
type faster
please

sungie <3
hi minho hyung
this is felix
sungie felt very sick so i'm bringing him home
could you maybe tell me his address?

you
you have no right to call him sung|
fuck y|
damm|
his address is ********
i'll be at his house
so you can just leave him with me

sungie <3
ok hyung!
please tell him that 
i'm very sorry
when he wakes up
bc our hangout was cut short
and i may have said some things

you
WHEN HE WAKES UP?

sungie <3
oh yeah he fainted

you
omfg
hurry up

Minho clicked off his phone and found himself already running out his door. He continuously cursed under his breath as his feet rhythmically hit the ground. He arrived at Jisung's house in no time, and used the spare key he had on him to go in.

Jisung once lived with his parents, but after his father died and his mother fell into a pit of despair, his aunt came over to take care of him. However, his aunt worked from dawn to dusk, so he was usually left alone. That was why he frequently visited Minho, complaining that he was lonely.

Minho quickly found a couple towels in the bathroom and soaked them in cold water. He was just coming down the stairs when he heard an accented male call, "Minho hyung?"

"Felix." Minho rushed over. 

The aussie was carrying Jisung on his back. The latter's hair was windblown, his cheeks were red, and his face was scrunched up in pain.

"What the hell happened?" Minho asked, taking Jisung and laying him down on the sofa.

Felix cleared his throat nervously. "Uhm...I think it'll be better for Jisung to explain when he wakes up. I'll--I'll be going now..."

Minho didn't bother saying goodbye or anything, and focused on dabbing Jisung's forehead with the towel. 

A couple moments after Felix left, Jisung groggily opened his eyes and blinked up at the older male. "Minho hyung??"

"Sungie." Minho sighed in relief. "How are you feeling?"

Jisung opened his mouth to speak, but instead, his eyes teared up and he grabbed Minho's hand. "Hy-hyung..."

Minho's eyes widened in concern. "D-don't cry! What's the matter?"

He was now sobbing, making Minho's insides clench up in sadness. He wrapped his arms around him and patted his back, letting him take his time.

Jisung sniffled and accepted Minho's warm embrace.

"I messed up...I messed up...."

~~~

*bites lip seductively* hey gurlie

ok i'm sorry (not really) for this slightly depressing chapter

i really wasn't motivated but my friend was anticipating this chapter so i made this for her 🥰

On a side note, i entered this book into the TheBlossomCommunity_ book contest so yeah i'll try to act professional from now on

*immediately turns away and starts simping for hot anime men* i cant help it