15

sup guys

thanks for 300+ reads

im so excited for the next few chapters but i dont feel motivated 💀

(this book will be over after 5 chapters or less, along with an epilogue and extra chapter)

also one question, who's POV do you think it is at the start of every chapter? like the italics where its like he's confused... sorta thing. its actually quite obvious lol

ill reveal it at the end in the extra chapter where ill break it down :)

anygays hope you enjoy (filler) chapter~~

***

Nervous. He was nervous.

***

sungie <3
heyy
so i told my aunt that Mama Lee is over
and now she wants me to invite yall for dinner
wanna come
(we're having jjajangmyeon)

you
sure
be there soon
you feeling better?

sungie <3
yup all better :)
see u!

"Mom, Jisung and Auntie Han are inviting us over for jjajangmyeon!" Minho called. "And I told them that we're going! Also, the author is struggling to come up with ideas so we have no choice but to go."

"Ooh, it's been a while since I've seen Auntie Han!" Mama Lee dashed down the stairs, struggling to put on her earrings while slipping her shoes on. "And I need to give Jisung his present!"

It was Sunday, the day before Jisung's birthday. Unfortunately, Mama Lee had to leave early that day, so she had already bought Jisung's present, which meant this was a great opportunity to give it to him.

"Hmm, it's quite a dull day today," Mama Lee peered up at the grey sky, squinting at the stormy clouds that appeared to rain any second. "What a shame, I was hoping the weather here would be better than where I came from. It's all thunder and lightning there, y'know??"

"Mm, yeah, it's been like this for a while," Minho hummed, accidentally stepping in a puddle of water. He scrunched up his face as he felt it soak through his sneakers and wet his socks.

They arrived at the Hans' house and knocked on the door. They heard the thumping of someone running, and half a second later, the door creaked open.

"Hello, hello!!" Auntie Han sang. She had visible wrinkles on her face, but there was a youthful, playful gleam in her obsidian eyes. "It's been a while! Oh, you've grown so much, Minho! And you're looking beautiful as always, Lee!"

"Thank you." Minho said, though he knew that he had stopped growing since he turned 15.

"Aw, you're too kind!" Mama Lee cooed. "How've you been? Oh, I should tell you about this amazing skin-care product that I just found..." they stepped in and scurried off to talk about old women stuff.

"'Sup, Sungie." Minho found Jisung in the kitchen, placing the finishing touches on the jjajangmyeon.

"Oh! Hi, hyung!" Jisung looked up, smiling. It had only been one day, but he already looked much better. Of course, other than the faint, sad gleam that sparked in his eyes.

"Want help?" Minho helped take the plates to the table, where the two older women were laughing loudly at something Mama Lee had just said. As the two boys came in, Auntie Han wiggled her eyebrows at Minho and gave him a look that read, I see, I see....

Ugh, what did Mom tell her now... Minho internally rolled his eyes and set down the food. 

"Thank you, sweethearts! Here, I'll pour the water." Auntie Lee took the jug and poured water into everyone's cups. They couldn't start eating yet, because Auntie Lee happened to be the oldest at the table, and it was basic Korean manners to wait until the eldest ate first.

Finally, Auntie Lee took her first forkful of the noodles, and everyone started digging in.

"So, how are you, Minho honey? Has school been hard for you lately? I know Jisung has been struggling with homework, ain't that right?" Auntie Lee side-eyed her nephew.

"Mmph." Jisung grumbled, his mouth full.

"Eh, nothing's been too hard. Just a few assignments here and there." Minho replied politely, sipping water.

"And your soulmate? Your mom has told me you haven't found them yet." Auntie Lee said this with a small, knowing smile.

"Pftftftftft--" Minho choked and started coughing. He sent a dirty look to his mom, who averted her eyes and continued eating her food. Jisung pounded his back, concerned.

"Oh yeah, not yet." Minho said as soon as he stopped dying.

"Minho hyung seems like he has no interest in those kinds of things. Ugh, I wish I had his personality, I can't even go a day without thinking about Felix." Jisung groaned.

Mama Lee side-eyed Minho, but the latter ignored her.

"Oh honey, I'm sure you'll find someone just as good as this Lee Felix boy." Auntie Han said sympathetically. "Have you two ever considered that you guys might be soulmates?"

What is up with old women and their tendency to pry into other people's businesses? Minho thought, irritated. It wasn't like he hated Auntie Han or anything, it was just that she was a little...pushy.

Curiosity and wonder radiated from Jisung as the boy tilted his head and said, "I haven't."

Fuck what do I say--

"I have," Minho said as casually as possible, "but you know, I don't think we are." Jisung doesn't deserve someone like me.

And then he choked. Again. This time not because of his food, but because of the itchy feeling climbing up his throat. He side-eyed Jisung, who was looking at him with a thoughtful expression. Minho could feel it. Jisung was suspicious - all those times he had panic attacks, all those times he was going through a crisis, that one time Minho knew Jisung was sick without asking - how did he know? How did he arrive so fast? Why did he act like he knew Jisung's pain?

Minho's eyes widened slightly. Fuck, has he figured it out?

And then the suspicion disappeared. Jisung shrugged and went back to eating. He didn't think much of it, maybe Minho was just really observant.

Minho didn't feel relieved. Half of him had hoped that Jisung had finally come to his senses. 

What a selfish way of thinking... 

From under the table, Mama Lee reached over and took Minho's hand with a sympathetic expression. Minho exhaled and forced himself through dinner.

I am dreading tomorrow.