8

(A/N: Sorry i haven't posted i'm currently sick right now so imma share my favorite Irondad/Spiderson oneshot with you guys)

There wasn't a part of Peter that didn't have a love for everything he touched, which was why he loved everything science.

But it was rare that people knew of Peter's other extracurricular--- The violin.

Ben was a patron of the arts. He loved everything, from opera to classical music, to musical theatre, to contemporary dance. All of it, no matter what form it took, was Ben's forte.

When Peter's parents died, Ben made sure Peter was raised close to the arts, and that's how he picked up the violin.

Ben had taken him to the local instrument store, letting Peter rub his grubby hands across the display instruments. This was until he came across a rich brown violin, and stopped on it. That was the instrument he took home.

He spent his early adolescence making cat screeches, rosin clouds, and broken strings, but during his first year at Midtown he was on the orchestra.

Sure, he wasn't first chair--- It took a shit-ton of time to be that dedicated to something, and in-between Decathlon and his love for robotics, Peter didn't have the time to practice every day. But this didn't mean he was bad; He loved it!

Then, he got bit. Spending days in agonizing pain, unaware which way was up, or if he was even alive, took him out of it for a while. And then Ben died.

By the time the grief had stopped rattling his bones with every breath, Peter picked up his violin. It was something he found solace in, once--- A form of creation that was temporary, but so much more meaningful than robotics or biochemistry.

Delicately, he placed the shoulder rest on his shoulder and placed his chin in position. But as he lifted his fingers to the fingerboard, a sickening crunch resonated through the chamber of the instrument.

He let the violin fall back onto his bed, the scroll swinging erratically because only the strings were holding it to the rest of the instrument.

Everything about Ben was gone.

Ben's voice, the way he cradled Peter's head, his art. Everything.

Peter quit orchestra.

He sewed a suit together and started swinging around New York at nighttime, trying to prevent another Ben from being taken from the world.

Then, he met Tony.

Tony didn't love the arts. Sure, he could appreciate it, but if he had the choice between going to the opera or identifying an issue in the coils of his propulsion systems, the latter was an easy choice.

The pair spent a lot of time bickering about everything science related. From the chemical composition of Peter's webs to the electromagnetic force of arc reactors, nothing was out of the realm of possibilities for the two.

Or so Peter thought.

When Tony had picked him up from Midtown, after a decent day of school, Peter began babbling about his day at school.

From his obsession with Dr. Banner to his extracurriculars, Peter was sure there was nothing Tony didn't know about him; Especially not with his super-freaky-cool AIs.

That was until Tony dropped the news on him.

"Kid, take a breath. This weekend isn't going to be all schematics and messing around. Pepper needs me to attend this... I don't know, instrument thingy tonight, and you're coming with me." He said in-between Peter's incessant jabbering.