4

Peter liked her. Of course he liked her, how could he not? But now he felt crazy. He was not ready for this. It was just a date, but it felt like so much more than that to him.

"Dude! She asked you out, that's good!" Ned laughed from the desk chair in Peter's room.

Peter rolled his eyes, his friend clearly didn't understand the severity of the situation. "You don't get it Ned. What if she thinks I'm weird? What if she realizes it was a mistake and that she doesn't actually wanna go out with me? What if-"

"Peter stop. You're overthinking this way too much. She asked you out. That means she likes you. Just go there and be yourself!"

Peter's face softened. Ned was right, for once (well maybe more than once). This was Mj they were talking about. If she didn't like him he never would've asked in the first place. There was still one problem.

"She doesn't know about Spider-Man."

"That's a problem for another time! Where are you going anyway?"

Peter shrugged, "some little diner. MJ's choice."

Ned nodded, "of course."

——🕸️——

He had to admit, it was weird when one of his best friend's approached him asking for dating advice. He was never the best at that sorta thing anyway, the amount of girls and scandals he was involved in.

"Please Tony. She's really amazing I don't wanna ruin this." Happy pleaded.

Tony snorted, shaking his head, "alright. Lay it out for me."

"She wants to go somewhere out of the way, that's all she said. Where can I take her that isn't flooded with people?"

Tony tilted his head, thinking. Whenever he went out with Pepper, they were like that too. Especially with how famous he was, they couldn't have people everywhere for a date.

"Okay.. there's this little diner. I can give you directions. It's really nice." Tony shrugged.

Happy's face softened in relief, he nodded quickly. He didn't pry any further about the date, assuming Happy wouldn't wanna spill details if this woman already didn't want a ton of people to know about it. Much less, one of the most famous people ever.

He gave him the directions and sent him off, letting him enjoy his evening off. Now that he thought about it, Peter "had the evening off" too. He messaged Tony the other day, letting him know he couldn't come over today. And just like Happy, it was cause he had a hot date.

——🕸️——

May sat patiently, in a small booth. She followed the directions Happy sent to her, leading her to a shoved away diner. It was pretty nice, she was shocked how empty it was. The light blue, dark red, colors clashed everywhere. It was amazing.

Sooner than ever, Happy arrived. He slid into the booth, on the other side. "Should we order any appetizers?" He asked with a smile.

She smiled back, it was nice how calm he was within the thick, awkward, atmosphere. "Yeah. I'll take anything."

He nodded, looking through the menu. She sighed and he pulled the menu away from his face, raising a concerned eyebrow. "Can we get the awkward conversation out of the way please?"

He laughed, setting the menu down, "sure. This has to do with Peter right?"

She sighed in relief, it did help that he understood. "Yeah, I just don't want things to be weird for him. Especially since Ben-"