Chapter 6 : How Ironic

6: How Ironic

After dinner at the restaurant, Carl took Kaew on a shopping spree for a long while. The boy chose many different outfits that Carl started questioning the boy's choices... A camouflage t-shirt with a pair of big black boots? A blue and white tie-dye t-shirt with a pair of oversized sweatpants that should have been 5 times bigger than his own size. Then, a skull t-shirt, a screen t-shirt with Japanese cartoon characters, pajama pants, and another pair of sneakers. All of these were absolutely not going together.

The boy stopped by the accessory shop, taking a look at chains with leather goods for a while. He kept picking them up and putting them down that Carl had to lean over and said, "if you want it, then take it. I'll pay."

"Hmm... No, thanks." Kaew smiled.

"Why?"

"Ooh, a tote with doggy printed!"

His pale hand grabbed a tote bag with a doggy pattern to try on over his shoulder, having a dilemma of which shape of a bag he could go for. The mafia smiled as he saw a werewolf wearing a Snoopy tote bag and found it adorable. He ended up getting Kaew two of those bags since Kaew said he wanted to send one of them to Sandee.

Once they got back home, it was already past midnight. Carl let the boy put all his stuff away in the living room. He then headed to his master bedroom to take a shower and get changed, planning to work a little more before going to sleep.

His long legs paused his steps as the boy in a white t-shirt and a pair of shorts was laying on his stomach, scrolling through his phone blissfully. There were drops of water from his wet hair all over the bed sheet.

"You took so long in the shower," complained Kaew, his eyes still locked on the phone.

"What are you doing in my bedroom?" Despite being topless showing his firm muscle, Carl tied a rope of his cotton pajama pants.

"I'm guarding you, duh."

"Huh?"

"If there's an intruder, I'll protect you." Kaew looked at the tall man, expressing his determination.

Carl sighed and shook his head, finding it adorable seeing this furball with his booty popping, his pale slim legs swinging across the bed as he was giggling on his phone.

He's just a small boy yet still has the audacity to offer a mafia his protection.

"What does it mean to be raped by alpacas?" Carl frowned.

He put a small towel over the boy's wet hair as he read through a Facebook post that Kaew was reading. It looked like one of those traveling Facebook pages.

"Alpacas are..." Kaew said. But all of the sudden, he started moaning softly. "Ah... This is so good. Mmm... so comfy."

"..."

"Don't stop. That's a good spot." A small face under the towel protested.

Carl then kept his hands busy drying the boy's hair diligently. The tips of Kaew's feet wiggled as Carl wiped the back of his ears, his doggy weak spot didn't go away even though he shifted into his human form, especially when someone patted or scratched him like this, sending a tickling sense straight to his legs. He usually did this himself when he shifted back into his dog form.

"I really love this Facebook page Paiyoonaima. The blogger's name is Chiang, and sometimes he goes by Cho-Cho. Whenever he interacts with foreigners, he would introduce himself as Sean." Kaew's head tilted towards Carl's palms.