Chapter 9 Doomed

"Crap! I'm doomed!!!"

The werewolf swam so quickly to the border of the pool and got out before wiping himself dry and typing something on his phone with impressive speed. Carl thought that if there was an Olympic race for typing, Kaew could be, for sure, one of the competitors.

"What's wrong?" Carl asked the boy who was looking up at the moon and down at his phone.

The silence was all that he got from the boy. If Kaew was in his dog form then it made sense that he couldn't speak. But this...

"So you're not going to tell me?" Carl's deep dark eyes kept staring at the boy who was sitting on the poolside chair next to him.

He sighed and decided to look at the moon in silence instead of trying to get the answer out of this werewolf boy. They were both in deep thought until Kaew's bright brown eyes finally glanced at the man next to him. Kaew swallowed hard before speaking in a monotone, very unusual of him.

"Mister... You really have to take me to work with you tomorrow, alright? You can't leave me alone here."

"And why so?" Carl turned his head looking at Kaew.

"Because I'm begging you."

"..."

"I really want to be right by your side."

"..."

"If you're not taking me with you, I'll be so sad."

"..."

The boy shook Carl's arm while shooting his puppy eyes at him. Seeing that Carl kept his poker face, Kaew then started massaging the man, trying to convince him even more. He pulled off the highest level of his cuteness.

"...!..." Carl's heart skipped a beat for a split second but he remained his expression.

"If you're not taking me, I'll go with Dom instead. I'll convince him to take me out for a walk..."

"Who is Dom!?"

"That kind man in a black suit who always takes me out for a walk, gives me treats and wipes me dry. His name is Dom," Kaew tilted. He's your staff. How could you not remember his name? Duh.

"You're coming with me tomorrow." Carl ended the conversation before heading back to his bedroom.

"I pray to all dog gods. Please, protect me." Kaew prayed to St. Bernard.

Since western gods' names always started with Saint: St. Gabriel, St. Nicolas, or St. Michael. He was certain that one of our dog gods must have been St. Bernard. Kaew thought to himself as he started to believe in his own assumption. The dog gods from the Alp would definitely be on his side. Amen!

After that thought, Kaew got up, headed to the shower, and got changed. He decided to work a little longer, trading, buying investments, checking the balance in his account, and assuring that his important belongings such as his ID card, credit card, phone, and charger were all set. He packed his favorite pair of shoes in a packing cube before putting them in his backpack. Kaew looked at the bed that he had been sleeping on for a couple of nights, patting a pile of clothes and other stuff that Carl bought for him, his brown eyes flashing sadness.

"Don't you dare, Kaew. You can't cling to him like that. Suck it up."

He slapped both of his cheeks lightly with his pale hands to encourage himself. He intended to follow to Carl's bedroom and guard the man in case he slept in again. However, the door to the master bedroom was locked. Though Kaew tried knocking at the door, Carl didn't answer. Kaew assumed that he must have been sleeping.