Chapter 8 : What Else

8: What Else

The Bangkaew was squirming in the bush, nuzzling his head and his nose to himself making him look like an absolute furball, even though he failed to hide his fluffy tail from the man who just scolded him. There was a saying that dogs didn't like mean people and they would avoid this kind of people.

He intended to ignore Carl completely. Didn't that man just make a promise to him last night that we would go together in the morning? Why did he leave him alone while he was sleeping? And not only he was so unresponsible and unreliable but also unreasonable, shouting at Dom who was so nice to him like that. I refuse to talk to him at all.

"Kaew, I can see that your tail is wagging," said Carl in his low voice, calmly examining the situation.

"...!..." Urgh, you dang tail. Stop!

"Should I wait here?"

"..." Stop wagging. Play it cool.

"Your ears are moving towards me now. Just come out and talk to me."

"Grrr Grrr Nggg..." Ouch, that hurts.

Kaew wasn't trying to threaten Carl but he was trying to calm his body language down. These dang ears also didn't cooperate at all!

He sometimes got sick of his own dog instinct, to be honest. Why wasn't he born a cat? So that he could have just acted like a diva with an attitude and all, showing the world who God was, turning all these humans into cat slaves. His life would have been so much easier. Sigh. Who said being a dog is easy?

"Huh!" This time, he let out a sigh but with his pinky lips, instead of his long doggy mouth.

"Um... I'll get you some clothes." Carl saw that the fluffy tail disappeared and was replaced with Kaew's pale booty who was sitting naked on the grass.

It didn't take long to reconcile before sunset. How lucky that Carl told everyone to leave them alone.

Kaew frowned, feeling upset. Eventually, he gave in and came out of his hiding spot. His fair hand reached out to take a soft bathrobe from the man who was smiling sheepishly at him.

"I'm relieved that you're finally smiling."

"..." Nope, don't smile. I'm not done being mad at you.

"Are you hungry? I have ordered plenty of food. A burger that you like or Onigiris that you want to try. Oh, how about the pinky milk tea..."

"I'm not hungry."

The boy kept his head down to his chest, trying to walk away. But his stomach said otherwise, it started growling hard, showing how he wanted all of the lists Carl just said earlier.

His pale cheeks blushed in embarrassment. His round eyes accidentally locked on the person who he was trying to ignore. Before they could stare into each other's eyes, Carl decided to take his hand and bring him to the dining table.

"Let's eat first. Then, we can talk, alright?"

"Once I'm done, I'm leaving." Kaew puffed his cheeks. Urgh, they all look delicious.

Under the man's poker face, Kaew didn't know how hard it was for Carl to hold his laughter to himself. They both started eating quietly.

"Omnomnom."

Carl let out a small smile, watching Kaew inhaling his food and drinking half of his milk tea in one drink. Only just one drink and all the clouds and storms above Kaew's head suddenly disappear, replacing with rainbow and sunshine as if nothing happened. He chewed a couple of bites of salmon sushi and the sparkles in his brown eyes showed. Following with half of a grilled Mackerel, the uneasy atmosphere in the air washed away.