Chapter 7: Sacrifices Must Be Made

I woke up, not ready for what today had in store for me, but I still got ready anyway.

I walked down to Mick's office, and when I walked in Mick seemed more peppy than usual.

"Nick, you won't believe this, not only did we find leftover suits but the helmets still have the communication devices in them. Kinda like walkie talkies but smaller and better. We also found leftover swords, and rocket boots, so come on, the others are putting their suits on now." He explained.

We went down into a room with the suits, Will and Trey had already put the suits on and had put the swords behind their backs.

When I walked in they all got excited.

"Nick, these suits feel amazing!" Trey exclaimed.

I just walked and stared all the way over to my suit, they all looked the same, iridium robot suits that consisted of black and gray colors.

With a helmet that covered the whole face and glass in the shape of eyes that let you see out of the front of the helmet.

I put on the suit and the helmet part lit up to where I could see through it.

Trey was right, the suit felt good, almost like I was wearing regular clothes, if the clothes were heavy.

"Alright Nick, there should be a button on the side of your helmet. To the right side, I want you to press it. Think of this as a tutorial explaining how to use the suit." Mick explained.

So I pressed the button and once I did the face part of the helmet opened up by moving upwards.

I was amazed by this.

"Wow." I said.

"Yeah, it's pretty sick. Alright all you have to do to make it go back down is to press that same button." He said.

So I pressed it and the face part went back down and covered my face again.

"There's also a place on the right side of your pants where you can holster a rifle. Last thing, there should be a button on the left side of your helmet, if you hold that button down and speak into your helmet, it should go through everyone's speakers, try it out." He said.

I held the button down and spoke, when I did, everyone could hear my voice and talk back and I could hear them.

"Awesome!" I exclaimed.

"That's great. Alright now pick up that sword over there and let's get ready for anything that the Victor Federation might have coming our way." He replied.

Next to the suit was the iridium sword that Mick was talking about, the sword was the size of any regular sword, just a lot stronger than any regular sword too.

I stared down at it and remembered Jark, he was the one who asked if we could use real swords.

I smiled as I remembered him, too bad he was no longer here, but at least I could live out his dream for him.

It was leaning on the wall and I picked it up and moved it around.

It was probably a lot heavier if I had just picked it up with my hand, but this suit made it feel really light.

"There's a place where you can put that sword, it should be on your back." Will said.

I moved my hand over my shoulders and placed the sword on my back, when I did a claw from the suit reached out and grabbed it.

I was amazed at all of this, this suit gave me the confidence I needed, I was ready to fight for anything.

The only thing that the suit didn't do, is make us any taller, except for maybe a few tiny inches but that was it.