Chapter 10: Jack's New Plan

I picked up the sword, blood was dripping off of the end of it, I heard a Sevac engine coming towards me.

I turned around and the Sevac landed in front of me, then the door opened and Trey, Mick, and Will all walked out and ran towards me, their arms wide open.

We had a group hug, happy that we were still together, but sad that the war wasn't over.

"Revous was just the beginning, Jack is the end." Mick said.

"Or so we hope." Will said. "We don't know for sure."

"Let's go back to base." Mick said. "Figure something out."

We all went to the Sevac and headed back to base, once inside we were trying to figure out what to do next.

I went to Mick personally, he was in his office looking at some papers on his desk.

This was the first time that I walked into his office without him telling me to, the first time I wanted to go in there.

He put down one of the papers that he was reading to look up at me, he was quite surprised to see me.

"What do you want, Nick?" He asked.

"Do you know Jack?" I asked nervously. "Like, personally?"

"Why do you ask?" He replied.

"I was just wondering." I said. "Because you seemed to know a lot of Critum Soldiers."

"I've seen the Critum in action before. Zagma was one of them, a brave soldier that killed most of our men. But this Jack guy, I have no idea of what he's planning, but I'm sure he's a lot like Zagma." Mick replied.

"Maybe we'll have a chance, now that their doomsday person is dead." I said.

"Yeah, maybe, you can go to your bedroom now, get some rest, you've had a long past few days." He said.

"Thanks." I said.

I left his office and headed back to my room, I then laid down in my bed and went to sleep.

The next day we got word of them building yet another weird building type thing.

Of course we couldn't get all the details before another one of our scouts was shot down.

"I'm telling those scouts to stop flying by the Victor territory." Mick said.

"How the heck are they getting the equipment to keep building those weapons?!" I wondered.

"I don't know, but we have to destroy it once and for all! I suggest we use an area scanning device." Trey suggested.

An area scanning device or an ASD, can be attached to the bottom of a Sevac and activated from the control panel in the Sevac.

It's expensive to make and only some were made, and the others were destroyed by explosions.

Once an ASD is activated, it will scan an area up to 34,000 square inches of land and send what it found to its memory in the form of photos, which then can be displayed onto our monitor.

Using this will show us where things are, even if they are hidden.

"That's too dangerous, we would have to get close enough for it to work. We would likely be shot down just like our scouts were." Mick replied.

"What if we fly high enough to where they can't see us?" Will asked.

"Mmm, that might work. But if not, y'all will still get shot down. How about we just fly there and flush them out the normal way." Mick said.