Comfort. SFW.

Summary: Reader is a new Student at Nevermore and is struggling to adjust. Larissa tries her best at comforting the Reader.

Warnings: Food talk, some anxious thoughts / feelings, nothing too drastic. just Larissa being a sweetheart.

________________________

Six in the evening. The sun was setting, the glow of it warming your cheeks as you curled into the feathered pillows, watching as the sky morphed from blue, to pink and purple, then blue again.

An air of melancholy surrounded the room.

You were torn away from your life as you knew it and thrown into Nevermore Academy just three days ago. It was a court order. You were an outcast — considered too dangerous to be in society.

Three whole days. Three days full of longing for a life that wasn't meant for you but was all you knew. How were you supposed to get over it all? Your grief was beginning to swallow you whole.

Larissa had met you on your first day, of course. Though that was the first and last time she had seen you. You couldn't bare to leave your bed. Not for classes or meal times; not even to answer the door when a teacher or student came along to check on you.

Signs of life were shown by you making rude remarks when a particularly bothersome person wouldn't leave you alone, so it's not like anyone had to worry.

Larissa worried. Every time she sent someone to work on easing you out of your shell, her stomach would turn as her thumb lodged itself between her red lips, allowing her to bite at her nail. No one could manage it.

The principal had seen a lot of students have trouble transitioning into life at Nevermore, but never anything like this. Larissa didn't want this to continue. She couldn't let it continue.

And so, without a second longer of hesitation, the principal made quick work of rushing out of her office and jumping into her car; the Weathervane being her first destination.

Two hot chocolates and fifteen minutes later, Larissa was stepping out of a restaurant with Chinese takeout in hand and sliding back into her car.

Her red bottom lip was beginning to fade in colour as she nibbled on it. The entire drive, Larissa couldn't help but overthink the interaction that hadn't even happened yet. What if you didn't want to see her or speak to her? What if she was to say the wrong thing?

No, she couldn't think that way. She was the damn Principal. She was in charge of the school, and she'd be in charge of the situation. No matter what, Larissa concluded that today, she would get you to leave that stupid room and finally warm up to the school. It was the only option.

Her mind was thought-ridden as her stomach swirled in worry. She hadn't even noticed she was almost home until a student came running past her car, startling her and causing her to slow down as she made it up the driveway.

Food and drinks in hand, the tall blonde made her way through the halls of Nevermore, her keys jingling in her pocket as she travelled up the stairs, heels clicking; the sound bouncing around the stone walls in an echo.

Once the principal had made it to your door, she paused. A second passed, then three, then fifteen. Larissa took a deep breath before knocking three times.

Silence.

She waited once again. Fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, she counted in her head.

Knock, knock. Again. Louder this time.

"Get lost!"

Larissa breathed out in relief. She closed her eyes, gathered her thoughts, pushed her nerves aside.