I'm Not Leaving. SFW.

Summary: Larissa catches you having a meltdown over the way your body looks in a dress, she stays by your side.

Warnings: Some talk of body image issues, it's mostly suggested. lots of sad feelings / crying etc, this is a sad one. Please read at your own risk. TW !

_________________________

"Piece of shit," you huffed under your breath, throwing the dress that was in your hands onto the ground.

You felt like crying. The Rave'N dance was coming up and no matter how many dresses you tried on, you couldn't bare to look at yourself in the mirror.

There was a small knock on your bedroom door. You remembered leaving it open, so there was no use in anybody knocking. Little did you know, the Principal had been watching you from the corridor for the past minute, her heart crumbling as she witnessed your disappointment towards your outfit.

You turned to face the noise, eyebrows knitted in confusion until you met her soft blues, immediately easing the crease in between your brows.

"Hi, darling," Larissa gently spoke, warily walking over as to not upset you. She could tell this was a fragile moment.

Larissa had never seen you attend a dance in the few years you'd been at the school, so to say she was delighted when she caught a glimpse of you holding a dress, was an understatement. Her joy was quickly morphed into worry though, and she couldn't just stand by and watch you feel down when she was right there and able to help.

You avoided eye contact with the tall woman, crossing your arms over your chest in insecurity. The world could've swallowed you whole right then, and you would've been grateful.

Larissa crouched down, carefully swooping your dress up before rising, her fingers skimming over the tulle as she appreciated the design.

"This is beautiful," she softly spoke, looking over at you almost-quizzically as she couldn't understand what was so wrong with the dress that you had to throw it down.

"Yeah, until it's on my body," you replied bitterly as tears stung at your eyes.

Larissa paused. Her heart sunk at your words and everything began making so much sense all of a sudden.

"Darling—"

"Get out."

There was a mixture between previous disappointment and current embarrassment that just made you full to the brim with nausea, and you couldn't stand the thought of being seen like this.

Larissa sighed, placing your dress down onto a side-table. She made her way over to you, grabbing your hand in hers and guiding you over to your bed. You tried to wiggle out of her hold, but the principal just tightened her grip until she was perched onto the edge of your mattress, looking up at you as you stood defiantly before her.

"Im not leaving you like this, [y/n]," Larissa stated matter-of-factly, "So you can sit down and talk to me, or we can enjoy the silence, but I'm not leaving you."

You felt angry with her. Boiling with anger and hatred and all of the horrible feelings your body was ridden with. It suddenly felt like it was all Larissa's fault, not because you truly thought that, but because she happened to be there in that moment.

A sob escaped your mouth and you turned away from the principal, feeling disgusted with yourself. You had been caught. In reality, Larissa didn't know much of what was going on, but the little that she did know, was already too much.

Grabbing at your dress, you had full intent of ripping the fabric at the seams, wishing you could see the pearls and buttons fly across the room. You tugged and wailed and fought the material until you felt two arms wrap around you from behind. Larissa took the dress out of your hands in swift fashion, before pulling you down onto the floor and into her lap.

She cradled you, despite you fighting her over it. She rocked you, even when you pushed against her. She shushed you, all the while you sobbed louder over her. Larissa didn't back down, she just held you, knowing it definitely wasn't what you wanted in the moment, but it was what you needed.

And she gave you time. So much time. She gave you patience, kindness. Even when you hit her chest as you sobbed, and even after you had calmed down and sniffled in silence. She was patient. She didn't push, she didn't ask. She waited.

You knew she'd wait until you were ready, but you didn't think you'd ever be. So Larissa just held you. And you cried. And she hummed and sang soft lullabies, and rocked you some more.

Her arms ached with how tightly they cradled you but she never eased up. In fact, she only held you firmer whenever the tears started flowing again. And when you relaxed once more? Larissa eased, but never let go.

It felt like hours before you finally found clearance and zoned back into the moment. Your heart felt shattered, until everything numbed and you didn't think you'd feel again — you didn't even remember feeling anything before that. Everything felt empty, numb, cold, sad and so piercingly quiet.

Your mind had been clouded over, fogged with thoughts and feelings that terrified you, until you managed to focus onto something else, zoning into the sound of Larissa's heart beating by your right ear. You closed your eyes and let out a deep breath, focusing, focusing, focusing.

Warmth was radiating off of her. You felt it. You felt her warmth.

She smelled nice. Her perfume was calming. The days events had most likely worn it down, leaving only remnants. It was enough, however.

The vibration of her humming was running through your body. Your chest felt heavy, but it warmed whenever she opened her mouth to whisper some nursery rhyme or lullaby she remembered the chorus of. It was a sweet distraction. But it was only that — a distraction.

You grabbed a fistful of her shirt, feeling anxiety bubble in your stomach once again. You didn't want the moment to be over, even if it had already lasted so long. Larissa was patient, kind, caring. She waited.

You cursed your mind for pulling you back into its trap.

Larissa's warm body, her perfume, her voice. Larissa's warm body, her perfume, her voice. You squeezed your eyes shut, repeating the chant in your mind.

A deep, shaky breath left your lungs and entered the atmosphere. You looked up at Larissa, "Thank you."

The principal would've never admitted it to you, but she almost teared up at the sound of your small voice. She squeezed you closer to her chest, "Oh please, darling. You don't have anything to thank me for."

You felt her kiss the top of your head sweetly.

"I'm sorry..."

"No, [y/n], don't apologise," Larissa spoke against your hair, holding you closely as if she was going to lose you if she let go, "I'm the one that's sorry, darling. I should've noticed something was going on sooner."

"Nothing is going on," you quickly replied, looking up at her with teary eyes. "I just— I had a hard time finding a dress. It's stupid. I—"

"It's not stupid, darling," Larissa interrupted and you both paused for second.

You looked down in shame.

"Please, please talk to me, darling," the principal begged, "I'm going to help you, all right? But first I need you to tell me everything that you can, [y/n]. I'm not leaving."

And you tried your best, explaining your dilemma to the tall blonde as she listened intently, never once making you feel silly for the way you felt about certain things, or what you thought about. The principal managed to help you come up with a plan that left you feeling excited for the Rave'N, knowing that she would be by your side all the way through. She was patient, kind, loving.

And when you cried, Larissa held you, never once letting you feel like you were alone.