Here For You. SFW.

Summary: Reader is struggling with their mental health. Larissa is there for them.

Warnings: Brief talk of bad thoughts, no eating / drinking, sleeping lots. mostly comfort, slight fluff.

________________________

You laid on the leather couch in the corner of Larissa's office under a thick cosy blanket as the woman burst into the room in a hurry, a thick stack of paperwork in her arms.

She was mumbling something to herself, probably a reminder she was aiming to write down properly before she forgot. The tall blonde kicked the door closed behind her and rushed to drop off her heavy paperwork on the surface of her desk, sighing in relief when the weight was out of her hands.

The busy woman didn't notice you with how erratic her work day had been. It was now after school hours and most students and teachers had gone off to their rooms or were preoccupied with extracurricular activities, but Larissa was drowning in work despite the time.

You sniffled, startling the older woman as her head snapped towards the direction that the small noise came from. Her heart sped up, then eased once she figured out where the sound originated and she saw you huddled under a fuzzy blanket.

"Oh, darling," the blonde cooed, immediately speeding over to take care of you, work quickly forgotten.

You sniffled again, wiping your face with the soft material wrapped around you, leaving a damp coating of tears on the fabric.

Larissa didn't ask. She knew you too well to do so. The principal gently lifted your upper body, before dropping onto the couch, and laying your head onto her lap. As her slender fingers began running through the length of your hair, she hummed a soft tune, occasionally scratching at your scalp in attempt to relax you.

Minutes of comfortable silence passed as Larissa did her best to try and calm your mind, before you finally rolled over to face her, looking up into her soft blue eyes. She looked at you so gently, so full of love.

"It's happening again," your voice broke and immediately tears began running down your cheeks once more.

Larissa felt your sentence pull at her heart strings. She had noticed you'd been a little off lately; more distant, snappier, sleeping too much and eating and drinking too little. The older woman hoped that she was just overthinking. Before she could truly bring herself to investigate, work had taken ahold of her life and she wasn't able to catch a break, let alone think about anything else but paperwork, phone calls, meetings.

"I'm so sorry, darling," the principal whispered, "Talk to me, [y/n]."

You took a deep, shaky breath as one of your cold hands found Larissa's warm one and you began fiddling with the rings on her fingers, nerves jolting through you.

"My mind is being so cruel to me this week. Everything feels so hard," you weakly revealed, avoiding Larissa's gaze at all cost.

"The bad thoughts are back, aren't they, darling?"

You hesitantly nodded, hearing Larissa tut in sympathy, one hand still skilfully moving through your hair.

"Thank you for telling me," the tall blonde gently said as her red lip curled into a soft smile, "I'm so proud of you."

"You shouldn't be..."

"Nonsense," the principal shook her head confidently, "Slip ups are completely normal, darling. I know you know that deep down, despite what your mind is telling you. The best thing we can do in these situations is reach out for help, acknowledge the problem and be open to working through the issue. We can do this together, just like we did before. Baby steps, darling."

You closed your eyes, biting your bottom lip as you tried to stop the river of tears that began flowing freely at Larissa's kind words. She was so right. Your mind didn't want you to believe her, or even listen to her. It took everything in you to force yourself into believing even a fraction of what she was saying.

"You're worthy of help, [y/n]."

Looking up at and seeing Larissa look so genuine and serious as she said those words, was like being inside of a dream. How on earth did you get so lucky?

"... I'm scared," admitting this out loud wasn't easy, but you trusted the older woman with your entire being.

"I know, darling. That's why I'm here," the principal untangled her hand from your own, dipping it into her pocket and fishing out a handkerchief. She took her sweet time carefully wiping the flushed, wet skin of your face, picking up any fresh beads of sadness that lazily rolled out of the corner of your eyes.

The gesture made a spark of warmth awaken in your chest, as you felt the love and care radiate from the older woman and encapsulate you entirely. Her energy was so intense, it felt like it had to have been one of her powers.

"I have the most devilish idea," Larissa smiled, knowing those words would get you to perk up even slightly. She was always so put together and professional; it wasn't often the principal chose to leave her comfort zone, but she would do it for you any day. "How about we sneak into the kitchen, hm? You bring your blanket and sit pretty on the counter, and I cook us up something delicious. How does that sound?"

You shuffled around, finally sitting upright next to Larissa, cocooned in wool, "But you have so much work to do."

"I cant work on a half-empty stomach, darling," Larissa teased, before raising an eyebrow, "And you haven't eaten today. Don't think I haven't noticed."

"Ok, fine."

"Yes?"

"Yes, I'll go with you. But only because you probably-definitely need my help!" You joked, causing Larissa to gasp playfully as she reached over and tickled your sides through the blanket.

Once you'd squealed in protest, the principal quickly eased up, smiling brightly at the sound of your melodic laughter. She brushed a few wisps of hair behind your ear as your breath evened back out, "You're so beautiful."

You didn't believe it. But every time Larissa reminded you (which was incredibly often), a part of you healed inside and maybe, just maybe, learned to love yourself just a little better, even if only momentarily.

In that moment, you knew you'd be able to overcome anything, as long as Larissa was right by your side.

And she definitely planned to be.