A Jealous Moment. Part 1. SFW.

Summary: Larissa gets jealous watching the barista flirt with the Reader.

Warnings: Jealousy.

________________________

A sweet melodic chime rung through the building as Larissa held open the door to the Weathervane, the warmth engulfing your shivering body.

"After you, darling," the blonde beamed with joy as you smiled up at her, gladly taking the offer up as you rushed into the Café, kindly thanking Larissa for the gesture.

The comforting smell of Coffee beans welcomed you inside and you eagerly began strolling towards the counter, the principal following closely behind. You both took your time scanning your eyes over the menu, not concerned with rushing as it was a Saturday afternoon and there was plenty of free time to use up.

"Good afternoon. What can I get for you today, gorgeous?" Your focus was pulled away from the scatter of letters on chalkboards as you scanned your eyes down, meeting an unfamiliar face behind the counter.

"Uh, hi," you awkwardly spoke, slightly taken-aback by the comment, "A latte please, and a croissant if you have any."

"You're in luck, I just made some 'specially for you," the barista joked, smiling toothily at you as you forced a small laugh.

Larissa began to boil inside. Her body temperature must've doubled in the few seconds that the interaction had taken. The barista was very clearly flirting. And you were hers! Of course, he couldn't know that. Your relationship wasn't a secret but it was definitely not the talk of the town, that was for sure. Larissa was professional, and she couldn't risk the chance of any PDA sabotaging her strong image. But goddamnit was she being tested right now.

"Is that everything, beautiful?"

"No. It's not," Larissa cleared her throat, her hand possessively sitting on your shoulder, grip like steel. "We'd also like a hot chocolate, and add another croissant while you're at it."

"S-Sure," the confused employee's cheeks began glowing a deep shade of pink as he finally tore his eyes away from you, flustered from the realisation that Larissa had been standing there all along, and she was not impressed in the slightest. "Are you eating in or taking out?" The barista asked, looking to you with a small, unsure smile.

You politely smiled back. "Eati—"

"Taking out." Larissa cut you off. You looked up at her confused. This was supposed to be a lunch date.

The principal didn't pay you much mind, too annoyed with the situation to think about anything else. You gave the guy your names, and Larissa pulled out her card as the total came up on the register.

You eyed the blonde, "I'd like to pay—""

"I've got it," Larissa snapped, before looking at you apologetically, "I've got it, darling. Don't worry about a thing."

You hesitantly nodded, smiling up at her gently to let her know that you weren't upset with her. She seemed in such a good mood this morning, you weren't sure why she was all of a sudden acting this way, but you figured you'd ask in the privacy of her car.

You stepped aside, waiting for your order.

"How terribly ridiculous!" Larissa retorted a few minutes later, sliding into the drivers seat.

Maybe you wouldn't have to ask after all.

"The way he was looking at you— and right in front of me?!"

You sighed in relief, weakly giggling as the realisation hit you. Larissa was jealous.

"I don't think it's funny, darling. I think that was poor service," the blonde continued as you both shut your doors at the same time, and Larissa started the car. "He should be fired."

"Fired? Love, I'm sure he was just being friendly," you tried, making Larissa scoff as she began driving back to the school.

"He wrote his number on your coffee cup!"

You paused. Larissa was insistent on collecting the order from the barista, so you hadn't seen anything yet. A small blush of embarrassment formed on your cheeks, "I'm so sorry about this. It must've been so awkward for you. I could go back and tell him about us, if that would ease your mind?"

"Oh, darling. I already told him plenty."

You flashed Larissa a wide-eyed look as she kept her eyes on the road. She reached over and placed one of her free hands on your thigh, giving it a possessive squeeze.

"W-What did you tell him?"

"Nothing you need to worry your pretty little mind about," Larissa smiled, finally giving you a short glance, "Just know, you won't be seeing him any time soon."

And with that, the tall blonde turned on the radio, turning up the music loud enough so that you wouldn't be able to ask any more questions.