Don't Shut Me Out. SFW

Summary: Reader is overwhelmed by emotions and goes into isolation. Larissa worries. Reader goes non-verbal. The Principal comforts them.

Warnings: Some negative thoughts. Mostly comfort <3
_________________________

You didn't know exactly when it happened, you just knew it happened fast. One minute you were ranting about something frustrating that had happened during your day, and the next you couldn't even find the energy to speak. You scurried out of Larissa's office that day in a panic, leaving the woman worried and confused.

That was three days ago. Which also happened to be the last time you'd seen Larissa.

You'd been dating the beautiful blonde for just five months — hardly enough time for her to see you like this.

You wanted to keep it that way.

Larissa did not.

The poor Principal was in a shambolic state the entire seventy-two hours that you were missing. She couldn't help but feel nauseas with concern, especially when she'd wandered towards your dorm the same night the incident had occurred and couldn't get ahold of you no matter what.

If you hadn't been completely plagued by negative emotions the past few days, maybe you would've found enough clearance to simply text Larissa and explain what had happened. However, in your irrational state of mind, there was obviously a lack of rational thoughts circling around to lead you to that point.

Your single dorm was a god-send for you in times like these. And as you sat cross-legged on your plush bed, the duvet scrunched up behind you mindlessly, your hand frantically spilled ink onto the blank pages of your notebook, decorating it with words that you couldn't manage to speak out loud.

There was a creaking of wood outside of your door, followed by a whisper of a curse word. Your head shot up at the sound, the colour draining from your face.

"[y/n]?"

It was Larissa. Of course. Who else would care enough to check on you every hour on the hour? You sighed, pulling your bottom lip between your teeth as anxiety riddled through you.

Why did she even care so much? You weren't worth it. Surely the Principal had better things to do. In fact, she was probably here to break up with you. After all, you'd treated her so unfairly.

"Darling? Sweetheart, I'm opening the door," Larissa's voice wavered. She sounded so frightened. "I have the master key."

You whimpered at the sound of that, knowing there was nothing you could do to stop your girlfriend from finding you in the helpless state that you were in. It was time to face the embarrassment.

You snapped your notebook closed at the same time that Larissa twisted the key into the door, immediately swinging it open in panic.

"Oh, thank Goodness!" The tall blonde exclaimed, taking in your very much alive form. Relief flushed over the red-lipped woman as she kicked the door closed with her heel, rushing over to you immediately.

You couldn't have wanted the ground to swallow you more.

"Hang on," Larissa stopped in her tracks right as she was about to reach the foot of your bed. You were wide eyed, nervous, scared. "What happened, darling? I've been sick to my stomach, worrying about you every second of every waking moment."

You shrugged hesitantly. Larissa's eyebrows rose together in disbelief. She hadn't seen you in days — she imagined finding your lifeless body in your dorm, and all you could do was shrug?

"Darling, I don't want to seem angry but I need you to explain yourself," the Principal told you in all seriousness. Understandably, the tall blonde was getting quite frustrated. She wanted to scold you for going missing in action, but she knew there was a good enough reason as to why you would hide out in your room. She reminded herself to be patient and understanding.

You avoided eye contact with Larissa as if your life depended on it, picking at the corners of your journal like it was the most interesting thing you'd ever seen.

Larissa sighed. She slid out of her coat, smoothing out her skirt before sauntering over to where you were perched, gently sitting down on the edge of the bed and reaching for your hand. You finally looked up into her beautiful blue eyes, finding only concern and confusion.

"I love you, you know that?" Larissa softly spoke, caressing her thumb over your hand. You felt tears well into your eyes.

She wasn't angry. She wasn't here to break up with you.

You were safe.

Larissa could tell that you weren't feeling your best. The sadness and guilt was practically seeping out of you. She looked down into your lap, catching her eye on the book you'd been scribbling in, "What's this?" She smiled gently at you, trying to ease you out of your shell.

Your eyes darted down to the item, and it was like a lightbulb had appeared above your head and lit up the room. You immediately jumped upright, grabbing at the notebook and snatching your pen up before jotting down a few sentences.

Larissa, surprised as ever, watched you with amusement in her eyes. She rested a warm hand on one of your knees for comfort, waiting patiently until you were done. And once you'd flipped the book over, explaining in a few short words exactly what had happened to you, the puzzle pieces fell together and everything made sense once again.

Larissa couldn't help herself; she cooed softly in pity before scooping you into her arms and cradling you tightly, never wanting to let go.

"I'm so sorry, darling," the blonde kissed your head, "I'm sorry you've been feeling this way, all alone. I'm sorry I didn't step in sooner. I'm sorry i didn't put two and two together."

You shook your head, refusing to have her feel guilty for something she never caused or had any part of. Your hand fisted into her shirt and you nestled your head into the crook of her neck, breathing in her perfume.

Larissa softly smiled, one hand beginning to rub circles on your back, "I'm here, darling. You're safe," the blonde shushed you gently, "I understand now, [y/n]. There's no pressure to speak... But please don't shut me out again, darling. We can do this together."

Your eyes fluttered shut in the comfort of her presence. With how terrible you'd been feeling, you and Larissa both quickly realised that you hadn't been sleeping properly. The tall blonde continued her ministrations, now rocking you in attempt to soothe you to sleep.

And no matter how many times you were pulled out of slumber, Larissa was there, whispering sweet nothings and making sure you never once left the warmth of her arms. She understood you, even without words, always knowing exactly what you needed from her.

When you fully woke hours later, the tall blonde brought you snacks and water. She relaxed back against the headboard, gazing into your eyes lovingly as you curled into her side.

As you looked down, you noticed Larissa had brought her own notebook and pen; a simple 'I love you' written on a blank page.