Gift Giving. SFW

Summary: With the school year ending and Reader being a teacher at Nevermore, she is swarmed with gifts. Larissa is most definitely not jealous! and Marilyn most definitely is.

Warnings: Teacher x Principal, Marilyn bickering with everyone. Mostly fluff / silly fic.
_______________________

The school year was finally coming to an end as summer began approaching, warming the halls of Nevermore Academy.

You spent your afternoon scurrying around your classroom, tidying after the day's lessons as you tuned out the sound of children chatting, squealing and laughing outside — the noises creeping in through your open windows. There was absolutely no way to contain your excitement as you threw the last piece of trash in the garbage before hurriedly swooping up your belongings, practically prancing your way towards the teachers lounge.

The heavy door was unlocked and swung open with ease, bright eyes scanning between Marilyn and your girlfriend.

"Guess what!"

Larissa put her salad spiked fork back into her bowl as she diverted her attention onto you — a warm, welcoming smile pulling at her lips. "Hi, darling. What's gotten you so merry?"

"Is it the handsome Janitor again?" Marilyn dazedly looked up at you from her sandwich and you shot her a warning look, observing as the realisation set into her features. "Just- Just kidding—"

"What handsome Janitor?" Larissa's eyebrows furrowed in annoyance and she quickly began interrogating Marilyn as you felt your face pale at once.

Your hands remained twisted behind your back as you watched the two women bicker suddenly, a dull ache beginning to set into your muscles. You gave them a second, two, three, then cleared your throat sharply.

"There's more important matters at hand, all right? Larissa, honey, pick a hand." You gave the blonde your best puppy eyes, even fluttering your lashes and offering her an award winning smile, yet Larissa remained unimpressed. "Please?"

The Principal rolled her eyes, sighed, then spoke, "Left hand."

Your grin took up half of your face as you brought a yellow gift bag out from behind your back, cradling it like your most prized possession. The two older women were not mimicking your excitement at all — pure confusion woven into their features as you bounced in joy.

"Well, are you going to tell us what it is, or are you going to stand there like a circus clown? I'm on the edge of my seat," Marilyn joked. (Larissa swore she wouldn't laugh. She didn't give so much as a hint of a smile.)

It was your turn to roll your eyes as you plunged a hand into the paper bag before retrieving the precious item.

"A mug?" The two women spoke in sync.

"It's not just any mug!" Your voice rose in exasperation. "It's from Enid! Look, you guys, it says 'Best Teacher Ever'. Are you kidding me? This is, like, the cutest thing ever."

Larissa couldn't hold up her apathetic facade any longer as she broke into a heartwarming chuckle. It was truly endearing how much you appreciated the little things, especially when it came to your students.

"Hey! That's not fair. I had Enid in my class this morning — where's my mug?" Marilyn argued in faux offence.

"Sorry, but there can only be one 'Best Teacher Ever'," you playfully noted and Marilyn made it a point to tell you that she had gotten a similar mug a year earlier, which led to you jokingly squabbling over the unfairness of the comment considering you hadn't been working at Nevermore back then.