Spring Break. SFW.

Summary: Reader stays at Nevermore during Spring Break; feeling lonely, she decides to have a drink. Little did she know, Larissa would be back in Nevermore in time to catch her in the act.

Warnings: Alcohol, R being drunk & feeling lonely, glass smashing, platonic Larissa X Reader (friends,, with maybe something there ☕️) comfort fic <3.

_________________________

Spring break meant that, as a teacher at Nevermore, you would be free of all responsibility for a week. Or almost a week, give or take a few days which you usually spent planning lessons before the students arrived back in time for classes.

And considering the old building happened to also be your only home, which also happened to be in the middle of nowhere, it was fair to say that you didn't have much to do during your time off. Sure, you did all you could for the first three days; visits to Jericho, checking out the Spring Markets, endless coffee runs to the Weathervane. You met up with a friend on one occasion, and attended a few fitness classes on another. Anything to curb the boredom of living in a tiny town where everyone kept to themselves when it came to Outcasts and all those associated with them — that included you.

Mostly, you just missed the students. And of course, you missed your colleagues. Marilyn had gone out of state to visit family. Larissa on the other hand, ever the hard worker, was on yet another 'work related trip', which meant... Well, you didn't exactly know what it meant. You didn't necessarily care to ask. After all, she was still your boss who deserved to have her privacy, even if you deemed her as one of your closest friends.

In conclusion, you were beginning to feel quite lonely. And feeling lonely meant you'd be needing something to numb that feeling down, at least momentarily.

Alcohol was the perfect solution.

You had risen early on a Thursday morning. Basic chores were completed in efficient timing, leaving you with an entire day to spare once again. The drive down to Jericho was brisk and you were strolling through the sunny streets in record-breaking time. There was no such thing as 'brunch' around Nevermore and not for another one hundred miles out, so your best bet was buying a sad bottle of wine for you to drink all by yourself back at home.

Which is what you were currently occupied with as you swayed your hips to a Jazz song, feeling the alcohol rush to your head as the music spun along the record player. Your grip on the bottle of scarlet liquor was tight, your thumb sealing the lid as to not spill a drop whilst you danced the afternoon away.

By the time the sun began to retire, the straps of your floral mini dress were hanging off your shoulders, and the days choice of drink was on its last few inches.

One song began morphing into another, until you couldn't hear lyrics and it was only the instrumental that was running through your bones. You took a swift swig from the glass bottle still in your hand, feeling the sweetness linger on your tongue.

Your clarity was evidently gone as you stumbled into your bathroom, hardly knowing how you had gotten there in the first place, or where the wine that had been in your possession all night had disappeared, but you weren't going to fuss over it for long. You'd just have to find another bottle elsewhere, which wouldn't be difficult considering most of the teachers at the school had their own stash of prohibited items hidden away in the teachers lounge, or in their rooms. Hell, even Principal Weems owned a generous selection of alcohol which she confidently kept in her office.

You blew out a weak chuckle. Principal Weems most definitely had wine.

Both of your hands locked firmly onto the bathroom sink as you absentmindedly rocked side to side, trying to focus your glossy eyes onto your reflection in the mirror. God, you'd ridden yourself into a mess of a person; there were remnants of mascara under your eyes, your once perfectly-curled hair now hand-brushed back into what resembled a lions mane. You bit your lip to suppress a stupid giggle.