⌦ 5

"do you skate, by any chance? you know, like, skateboard skate. not roller skate or anything?"

beomgyu's head shot up at the question causing his hair to bounce up, revealing the shocked look that was plastered on his face. "how did you know?"

haeri copied the boys expression, feeling worried that she may have seemed more creepy and stalker-ish than she intended. "oh, well... you see... i have a feeling we might've met before. just briefly though! so don't feel bad about not remembering me or anything." she awkwardly looked away from her classmate, slowly raising the straw of her cup to her mouth, wishing to avoid eye contact at all costs.

due to the silence that had come over their table, haeri slowly turned to face beomgyu once again as neither of them had uttered a word within the past few minutes. she noticed the boy raising an eyebrow, deep in thought and clearly troubled at the girls words. "don't think too hard about it. like i said, it was brief so-"

"ah!" he shouted in realization with both eyebrows raised. "the cashier! you're the cashier from the sports shop, am i right?" a faint smile could now be seen on the face of the two teenagers—one being glad they were remembered, the other happy to have finally figured out what had had them so confused.

"that would be me," haeri smiled at the long-haired boy. "what a coincidence that we're classmates, huh? honestly, it's kind of crazy how we never properly talked to each other before today or... um... last night? if you count that short interaction as a conversation." the two of them quietly laughed amongst themselves before deciding to move on and discuss what they had originally met up for.

"so, what days are you usually free?" beomgyu asked.

"i typically work in the middle of the week and occasionally on sunday." haeri informed the boy. "this week i'm free on tuesday, friday, and saturday. oh, how about you? i have no problem adjusting my schedule if needed."

beomgyu shook his hands at the girl, refusing her offer. "no, there's no need for that! my schedules almost always clear, don't worry." haeri frowned at this new information. she already knew by now that he was quite introverted but did that mean he had no friends to hang out with? although she was curious, she did not want to come off as nosey or rude so she decided to keep the question to herself for the time being.

"i see. well, i usually work around 7 so for our sessions to be beneficial... how does 4 o'clock work for you on those days?" haeri questioned. "or does 4 to 7 seem too long?"

"that should be fine," he smiled at the girl, to which she smiled back. beomgyu opened his mouth, about to speak, before he heard his ringtone coming from his pocket. "ah, excuse me for one second. sorry." he answered the call and walked outside, standing in front of the café. there were windows going around the entire building so haeri was still able to see the taller male as he talked on the phone.

just as she was about to grab her phone and message kai to kill some time, she saw beomgyu's face drop. he seemed... afraid? the girl couldn't help but wonder who he was talking to and if he was okay.

she stared at him as he hung up the call and brought his phone down from his ear with a shaky hand. he turned around and made eye contact with her through the window and as their eyes met, haeri spotted the tears that had built up in the boys doe eyes. with his now blurred vision, beomgyu watched the girls once cheerful expression change to one full of worry. and all he could help but think as he looked at her was, why is she looking at me like that?

haeri slowly rose from her chair, not breaking the eye contact until beomgyu turned away from her, rushing to wipe his tears away. she grabbed both of their belongings and made her way outside of the café to her fellow classmate.

she cautiously extended her arm towards him with his schoolbag in hand. "um... here's your bag..." he took his stuff from the girl, still refusing to face her. "i'm not going to pry and ask for any details or anything, but i just want to ask you if you're okay?"

beomgyu's eyes visibly grew wider at her question, taking note of how concerned she seemed. "yeah, um i'm fine... sorry, but i think i'll be heading home now..." he shakily spoke and before haeri could reply, he was already walking away from her, trying his hardest to not let her catch a glimpse of the tears that had welled up in his eyes from her question.

she frowned while staring at his back but due to how upset he had seemed, she chose to not be bothered by him not saying goodbye. "bye, beomgyu... i really hope you're as fine as you say you are..." she mumbled to herself. while heaving a sigh, haeri too began making her way home.

y'all my entire twitter feed is just full of videos and pictures from txt's sweet mirage tour

i'm so upset i won't be able to see them live once again especially because 'dear sputnik' is part of the setlist... ALSO 'BLUE SPRING'?? bye, that song has me tearing up

anyways, i hope you enjoyed the chapter! i'm going to go cry over the fact that i'm not seeing them on tour this year hahhahahah................

oh and please remember to vote, it would mean a lot <3