⌦ 13

as soon as haeri fully slid the door open, every head in the room snapped in her direction. shivers ran down her spine at the sight of thirty pairs of eyes on her but the sound of someone clearing their throat made her snap out of it and turn her attention to the teacher. "good morning, mr. yoon..." haeri spoke through a forced smile.

"yes, good morning to you too, haeri." he began but his voice lowered at the sight of the student standing slightly behind the girl. "...and mr. choi." the man sighed in annoyance causing beomgyu to tense up and unconsciously stand tall.

"sorry for being late, mr. yoon. it-"

haeri slapped a hand over the boys mouth before quickly flashing an apologetic smile at their teacher. "it's my fault, sir." beomgyu's eyes widened at her words. "i needed to talk to him about our tutoring session and lost track of time." she slightly bowed before muttering out a quick apology.

as she stood straight once again, she was shocked to find the older man standing right in front of her. mr. yoon slapped his hand on her shoulder, "oh, is that so, haeri?" he laughed heartedly. "then it's no problem at all! just try not to let it happen again, okay?" he chuckled before making his way back to the podium at the front of the room. "now please take your seats."

haeri nodded and quickly shuffled to her seat by the window. beomgyu worriedly watched the girl before quickly shutting the door behind him, bowing to the teacher, and following her. he took his seat behind haeri and watched as she hastily took out her books and pencil.

a few minutes passed by and beomgyu had just been repeating the same cycle of looking out the window and then at haeri. his eyes just kept on finding their way back to the back of the girl in front of him. this uneasy feeling in his stomach just wouldn't seem to go away no matter how hard he tried to ignore it. he released a quick sigh before stealthily whipping out his phone and opening the girls contact.

he hesitantly moved his fingers across the digital keyboard and after a few minutes of constantly deleting and rewording his message, beomgyu had finally managed to find a message that he was satisfied with. the boy prayed that haeri's phone was on silent as his index finger hovered above the send button. "here goes nothing..." he mumbled. as he hit the button, he closed his eyes tightly.

a sigh of relief escaped his mouth once a few seconds had gone by and nobodys phone had made a sound. however, a familiar quiet chuckle did manage to make its way to beomgyus ears. he slowly fluttered his eyes open and a content smile formed on his face as he looked at the girl sat in front of him.

resting his head on his arms, while never losing the faint smile, he watched as she cautiously began to type a message on her phone. her head would constantly snap up at any slight noise in the room, clearly worried that she would get caught. but, it just so happens that lady luck was on her side because she managed to safely finish and send the message.

beomgyu felt his phone buzz in his back pocket causing him to slightly jump. luckily, no one seemed to notice so he was able to take out his phone with no problem. as he read the girls response, he couldn't help but let his smile grow.

shin haeri

hey, u okay?
u didnt have to take the blame yknow

its no problem, gyu lol

and yes, im fine :) why wouldnt i be?

gyu. beomgyu hid his head in his hands as he repeated the nickname in his head. to say the least, he was internally fanboying. eventually, he ended up settling on taking a nap in hopes that his brain will finally decide to take a break for a bit.