⌦ 16

without the faint sound of the autumn breeze brushing through the bushes and trees, the two students would be sitting at this bus stop in complete utter silence. after covering up their bruises and scrapes, haeri checked the bus times only to realize they would be stuck waiting for another fifteen minutes.

they both had tried to spark up a conversation several times but each attempt only managed to get a one sentence response before they sat quietly beside each other once again. all of these failed attempts eventually led to the two of them giving up on trying to be extroverted and allowed themselves to be consumed by the silence.

"oh!" beomgyu exclaimed in shock at the sudden weight on his left shoulder. cautiously turning his head, he was surprised to find haeri resting her head on him. despite the initial shock, he couldn't help but laugh a little at her as she furrowed her brows and scrunched her nose, annoyed with her own hair that was tickling her face.

hesitantly, the boy slowly lifted his free arm and brought his hand close to her face. he tucked her hair behind her ear, careful to not wake her as he could only imagine how exhausted she must be.

suddenly, the sound of a phone notification caused beomgyu to flinch; haeri let out a low grumble due to his movement. in a panic, he quickly pulled his hand away but sighed in relief once he heard a soft snore escape from the girls mouth.

the phone went off once again and when he confirmed it was not his, he subtly peered down at haeri's lap.

mrs. kim

haeri, where are you? are you okay?

you're usually home by now.

i'm sorry but your parents are asking for you and they don't seem to be in the best mood...

i really hope you're okay but you should get here as fast as you can before they get worse...

a wave of confusion and worry washed over beomgyu as he read the messages. he felt partially guilty for reading something he knew was not his business at all. however, out of the three emotions and feelings that overcame him, the former two seemed to overpower the latter by a landslide.

and as much as he wanted to ask her about it or even answer the texts for her, beomgyu was well aware that this should not concern him at all. he may just be overthinking after all but even if he wasn't, this was likely something that he was not meant to know of; something haeri might not feel comfortable with him having knowledge of. "i really hope you're okay too..." he whispered.

beomgyu slowly began to rest his head on top hers until he saw their bus slowly beginning to approach them. "haeri," he spoke softly as he poked her arm. the girl muttered out words that beomgyu couldn't comprehend as she stirred around, her head digging deeper into the side of his neck.

the boy tensed a bit, not used to this new physical touch and weird feeling in his stomach from it, but as the bus drew closer to them, he shook it off and continued to poke the girl in attempt to wake her.

"haeri, the bus is here," he informed her. "you really have to get up now."

haeri slowly opened her eyes but swiftly jumped to her feet when she noticed the bus pulling up in front of them. "holy crap, the bus is here!" she exclaimed. "let's go, gyu!" she pulled him to his feet and dragged him with her up the stairs and to a pair of open seats.