⌦ 14

the trio walked side by side into the cafeteria, the smaller two still laughing at the tall blonds stories and jokes. they earned a few stares and glares from other students but they didn't really notice nor did they care. kai was just happy to be with his best friend as well as his new friend and entertain them. haeri was happy that beomgyu already seemed so comfortable with kai and that they seemed to click almost instantly. and beomgyu?

beomgyu was happy too, possibly even the happiest. similar to haeri, he wasn't a big people person so the fact that he made two new friends out of nowhere came as a surprise to him. but, he was grateful, especially to haeri.

he was unsure of how him and haeri managed to get along so well. maybe it was because they shared a few similarities or perhaps it was just that haeri was a caring and an overall good person and beomgyu was desperate to have someone like that in his life. either way, beomgyu was glad that they met and managed to become friends over such a short period of time.

"so, hyuka..." haeri said, making the blond look down at her. "where are they?"

kai's face lit up in realization. "oh, right! hm... let's see..." he went up on his tippy toes and began scanning the lunch room for the three other boys. after just a few seconds he pointed to a table in the distance. "i found them!" he smiled.

"wha- that was fast," beomgyu muttered.

"yeah, well thanks to taehyuns hair, it wasn't too hard to spot them." kai shrugged before dragging the elder two with him towards his friends.

as soon as they reached the table, each of them couldn't help but stand in shock at the sight in front of them. yeonjun had soobin in a headlock over the table screaming in pain due to soobin  biting down on his arm. meanwhile, taehyun was just recording the scene, happily laughing as it all unfolded before his eyes.

it seemed as if they weren't going to notice their presences anytime soon so kai sighed and made his way over to the empty spot next to taehyun. he blew into the silver-haired boys ear causing the poor boy to jump. "what the fu-" he began, turning to his right. "oh, hey kai."  kai waved in response, holding back a laugh. "hyungs, cut it out already. kai, haeri, and... some other kid are here."

the two eldests pulled away from each other while holding a strong glare on the other for a few seconds before turning to the new company. "sorry about that," soobin apologized, locking eyes with haeri. "hey, haeri! how have you-"

"haeri, my baby!" yeonjun exclaimed as he ran up to the girl, engulfing her in a hug. she let out a light laugh and patted the boy on the back, muttering out a quiet 'hey.' "we've missed you!"

haeri's eyes widened at his comment but that initial shock quickly washed away and was replaced with a grin. "i've missed you guys too!" yeonjun gave her one quick and tight squeeze before releasing her and taking his seat. "oh, i hope you guys don't mind that i brought my friend along to join us." she said gesturing to the boy beside her.

beomgyu hid behind his hair as the other boys turned their attention towards him. haeri seemed to have sensed the boys discomfort as she gave his arm a light reassuring squeeze. "they're nice, i swear. a little chaotic but nice." she subtly whispered to him.

the boy relaxed a bit, feeling the sincerity in her voice as she comforted him. he took a quick deep breath and nodded before fixing his hair to look at the group of boys sat down in front of him.

he cleared his throat and awkwardly waved his hand. "um hi, i'm choi beomgyu. it's nice to meet you all."

"oh great, another choi." taehyun groaned earning a smack on his shoulder from kai. "don't be rude, tyun! maybe try introducing yourself instead."