⌦ 11

a low grunt followed by a heavy sigh filled the room as haeri sprawled on her bed, exhausted from having to climb her way back up and through her window. her eyes kept fluttering shut due to how heavy her eyelids had become. she turned over and nuzzled into her mattress on the verge of falling asleep, until her phone buzzed causing her to groan.

haeri blindly searched for her phone expecting to eventually find it by following the sound of the repetitive buzzes. but much to her dismay, her blind search only managed to land her phone on the floor. "are you kidding me?" her voice was muffled due to the fact that she was still face down on her bed, but her groans and complaints on the other hand..? yeah, those were very much audible.

after several minutes of contemplating about whether she wanted to get up and pick up her phone, haeri finally decided to give in. well, kind of.

she decided that she was still a little too exhausted to actually get up so, instead she settled with slowly sliding off the bed and sprawling across the floor, now laying in between her bed and phone. when she turned on her phone, she was greeted with several notifications from a certain bleach blond as well as an unknown group chat.

she hovered her finger over the group chat, curious as to what it was and why she was there, but before she could tap on it, she paused. "no, kai's probably worried sick by now," she argued with no one in particular. "and plus, i still need to message beomgyu..."

the girl found herself lost in thought unsure of which one of her friends to message first. eventually she'd end up messaging them both, but she made the same promise with the both of them. she told each of the boys that she would text them when she got home.

this entire situation was new to her, hence the dilemma she's having. kai had always been her one and only friend. not even once did she have more than one message to reply to; it had always been just him. her parents never even bothered to message her as they preferred to have verbal conversations, if that's even what you could call them, and her maid often just informed her of everything before she would leave the house.

but, beomgyu was a new friend of hers. she didn't want to break her first ever promise with him. however, if she were to message beomgyu first, she'd be breaking her very first promise with kai. obviously the two boys would have no idea haeri was breaking the promise she made, but she would and that was the problem. she'd feel guilty.

having been lost in thought for awhile now and still
not coming to a decision, she grunted in frustration, "ugh! whatever, i'll just go to sleep... i can't do this right now." and just as she was about to get off the floor, her phone began to ring.

startled by the sudden call, haeri hesitated to answer but once she saw the caller id, she relaxed. "hello?"

"YOU'RE ALIVE!" the voice from the other line shouted. haeri winced in pain but let out a quiet chuckle afterwards. "THANK GOD! I THOUGHT YOU DIED, BRO! I WAS SO SCARED THAT I LOST MY BESTIE!"

"did you just call me 'bro?'" haeri laughed as she pushed herself off the ground and walked to her closet. she put the call on speaker and laid her phone down, listening to her friend laugh along with her in realization as she changed into her pajamas.

"sorry, yeonjun-hyung has kind of been rubbing off on me lately..." kai spoke trying to catch his breath. and by the time he had managed to do so, haeri had already finished getting ready for bed and was now laying in the comfort of her blanket. "wait, hold on a second..." he began, "where's my apology?"