⌦ 8

twenty minutes had gone by since haeri decided to meet kai's friends and within that short amount of time, she befriended the three boys. she already felt so close and comfortable with them that she herself was even surprised. sure, she wasn't as close to them as she was with kai but that's a given; the two had been best friends since elementary school.

haeri was unknowingly smiling at the boys while listening in on their conversation. honestly she had no clue what they were talking about but she was amused regardless. but sadly, that happy moment had to come to an end. haeri went to check the time on her phone but what caught her eye was the message from her caretaker underneath it. her eyes visibly widened as she read it and she quickly got up from her position.

each of the boys turned to her once she stood up and watched with confused looks as the girl hastily gathered her belongings. "yah, haeri-ah. what's wrong?" kai was the first to speak up, worried about the panicked state she was in. but she didn't seem to hear him because she just continued picking up all of her things without replying to the boy.

the lack of a response only made the blond worry more so he approached haeri and put a hand on her shoulder so she would recognize his presence. haeri looked at kai and only then was he able to see how out of breath she was and the sweat that was coming down her forehead. "oh my god, haeri! breathe, it's okay!" he tried comforting the girl but she just shook her head at him and removed the hand that he had on her shoulder.

"i really have to get home now, hyuka. my caretaker told me that parents came home earlier than they originally said they would." she informed the boy. "apparently they got upset when she told them i wasn't home and you know how they are when they're angry... ugh, i'm really sorry, kai. tell the others that i'm fine and just had to head home, yeah?" she patted the boy on his shoulder and made her way to the entrance of the skatepark.

"haeri!" said girl turned around at the shout. "call or text me later, okay?" she showed him an 'okay' sign before running home.

kai sighed as he watched her sprint off then made his way back to the other three boys who were still confused. "so... what happened..?" soobin hesitantly asked.

"something urgent came up at home so she had to go, that's all." he replied. "she's fine though, don't worry." kai smiled at them in hopes of convincing them that she truly okay and it seemed to have worked as they all released a sigh of relief.

"i'm glad!" taehyun smiled back.

yeonjun on the other hand had another pout on his face. "man, i wanted to exchange numbers before she left." he whined.

taehyun raised an eyebrow. "shouldn't he have it?" he gestured towards huening kai, "i mean they're best friends after all. plus, he literally just told her to call him later."

"oh yeah! why didn't i think of that?"

soobin chuckled. "because you're a dumbass, duh! you're literally failing math right now."

"hyung, didn't you fail math last year too?" kai tilted his head. this question caused taehyun and soobin to laugh.

"yeah, that's why i called him a dumbass!" soobin put his arm around the eldest's shoulder and pointed at him with the other, "this guy is failing the same class that he took last year!" yeonjun groaned and pushed the taller boy away from him.

"fuck off, bro. math is literally made up, i hate that fucking subject." the others just continued to laugh at him and he waved them off, obviously annoyed. "yeah, yeah, whatever! anyways, kai... could i have her number?"

"i'll give it to you later or um, maybe i'll add her to our group chat? that'd probably be easier."

they all nodded in agreement and sat in silence for a few minutes before they each decided to go home too as it was getting late. "well, see you guys tomorrow then!" taehyun waved and they all went their separate ways.

so much happened on twt after this 'suchitwa' episode but anyways...
yeonjun literally falling asleep towards the end was so fucking funny. this episode was truly amazing 😭
yoongi seemed so amused by the two of them and he was so sweet. AND TAEHYUN UGH he was literally beaming the entire episode, i love him.

anyways, sorry about that thank you so much once again for reading this chapter!

sorry that it was kind of lame but hey we're finally gonna get to the angst(?) and family issues! how exciting! (im being sarcastic) anyways...

please remember to vote! it would mean a lot! <333