⌦ 25

"okay gyu, i'm back!" haeri voiced as she stepped back into the room, shutting the door behind her. beomgyu's head peaked over the back of the couch at the sound of her voice and the sight caused haeri to silently giggle as she walked over and took a seat beside him.

without a word, haeri began to tie up the boys long hair. "what- why are you tying my hair?" he questioned, covering as much of his face as he could manage with just his hands. however, haeri ignored him and continued to put up as much of his hair as she could, tucking the few loose strands behind his ears so the only thing left covering his face were his own hands.

"haeri, seriously, what're you doing?"

said girl just stared at the boy across from her with a look of disbelief. "take a quick guess, beomgyu." beomgyu's eyes, that were peeking through the gap between his fingers, dropped to the ground causing haeri to shake her head. "i'm sure the first thing you thought about is right."

haeri turned to her side and grabbed the first aid kit she had grabbed while she left the room. silence consumed the two of them after beomgyu's incapability to provide the girl with a verbal answer. so only sounds filling the quiet room were the opening and closing of the medical equipment, as well as the muted voices from beyond the door.

but, as haeri applied an ointment to one of the cuts on beomgyu's cheek, he winced at the faint burning sensation it sent through his body. "sorry..." haeri lowly muttered as she laid a band-aid over it, beomgyu responding with a short hum.

time skip...

ten minutes had now passed and haeri was officially done treating the cuts painted across beomgyu's face (he didn't dare to bring up the scrapes plastered on his limbs from when he fell). after neatly packing up the first-aid kit, haeri rose to her feet and grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder as she walked to the door.

beomgyu watched in a mix of confusion and shock. "wait! where are you going?" his voice evidently showing the small bit of panic he was feeling.

the girl looked over her shoulder, meeting his gaze. "home. why?"

"oh..."

she cocked an eyebrow at him before fully turning to face him. "wanna come over again?"

"no, no, it's fine." he shook his hands. "i don't wanna be a burden or anything."

"did i or did i not tell you last time that i love your company?" she asked with her hands resting on her hips.

"you did..." he quietly admitted.

"exactly. and i meant it," she assures him. "so, are you coming with me or not?"

beomgyu stood up and grabbed his broken skateboard, and then made his way towards the girl who was already one foot out the door of the staff room.

the two began their walk to haeri's house in the same silence that had engulfed them earlier. until beomgyu was hit with a realization.

"fuck- i'll be right back! i'll meet you at your house, okay?" he quickly spoke, beginning to jog away.

"huh? beomgyu, wait!" haeri shouted.

luckily, he hadn't made it far yet due to his untreated scrapes holding him back from running at his natural speed. "what is it?" he asked.

"where are you going?"

"back to the shop." he informs her. "i forgot to buy my wheels."

haeri sighed. "get over here." she orders him, waving him over with a single motion of her hand.

beomgyu limped his way back to her— which went unnoticed by haeri as she was digging through her bag— with furrowed brows.

"ah! there they are!" haeri exclaimed as she pulled something out of her bag. beomgyu looked at the item in her hand and once he made sense of what it was, his eyes widened.

"wha-"

"i told you i would buy them for you, did i not?" she smiled, shoving the box into his arms.

beomgyu hesitantly accepted the box. "yeah but i could've just bought them myself. you didn't actually need to..." he mumbled staring at the wheels in his hands with a slight frown.

haeri shook her head and delivered a light slap to the boys arm. "quit frowning, will ya? i said i'd buy them for you, so i did! it's no big deal, seriously."

beomgyu looked up at her with a pout. "but-"

"nope! i don't wanna hear it!" haeri covered her ears and began walking in the direction of her house once again.

with her childish antics, beomgyu couldn't help but laugh. he securely stuffed the wheels under his arm alongside his skateboard and quickly caught up to haeri. the girl glanced at him and smiled once she saw the change in his expression.

beomgyu flinched at the sudden feeling of something on his cheek. "what was that for?" he chuckled, looking at haeri who smiled cheekily as she pulled her finger away from his face.

"just 'cause i'm happy." she giggled.

"and why is that?"

"because you're smiling."

that was enough to cause beomgyu to grow flustered. "you can't just say that, stupid." he nudged her.

haeri shrugged. "it's the truth though. i feel reassured when you're smiling." beomgyu looked down at her. "it's like... when you're happy, so am i!" she smiled up at him, the boy unconsciously returning it.

it's the same for me too... i wonder if you know that..? he thought to himself, the smile on his face never fading away.

beomgyu slipped out of his thoughts once haeri began to speak again. "i don't know about you, but i'm seriously so hungry right now so we need to hurry before i die or something." she told him.

he laughed at her exaggeration and nodded. "you're right, we can't have that." and with the sudden burst of joy and confidence that came over him, beomgyu grabbed ahold of haeri's hand and began to quicken his steps. "let's go!"

although caught off guard, haeri quickly composed herself and matched his pace whilst in a fit of giggles. "so what should we eat once we get home?"

sorry if this is a little short!
but at least there's some cute interactions (i would like to think)

tbh the way i originally planned for this chapter to go just didn't work with my story notes so i had to change it up oops, sorry!

thank you for reading as always!! <333