⌦ 22

"are you done yet?" beomgyu whined.

a small tug on his hair caused a whimper to slip past his lips. "just give me a few more minutes!!!"

"but my butt's starting to hurt!"

"i'm almost done so suck it up!"

"haeriiii~"

"nope, now be quiet and watch the movie." she ordered while delivering a light smack to the top of his head. "i'll be done before you know it."

beomgyu grumbled in response but still complied nonetheless. he scooched back a little more so his back was comfortably laying against the edge of the sofa.

behind him on the couch, haeri was sitting with her legs crossed where she was playing with the boys long hair. she had begun to unconsciously stare at it halfway through the movie and without even thinking, she asked if she could braid it.

with no questions, beomgyu allowed her to and even willing put himself on the floor. however, he was now beginning to regret his decision due to the floor being colder and harder than he expected.

he ignored the pain for a good 15 minutes so haeri could enjoy her time playing with his hair, but now his butt was starting to feel numb and it was becoming a little unbearable.

"andddd... i'm done!" haeri announced.

and with that being said, beomgyu jumped right up onto his feet and collapsed beside her on the couch. "finally!"

"hey! you're going to mess it up." she frowned.

he shot right up, noticing the slightly disappointment laced within her words, and sat upright on the couch. "sorry, sorry. does it still look pretty?" he asked worried.

haeri laughed. "yes, you still look pretty."

both of them froze at her words as a slight blush flooded onto their faces. "i mean- yes, your hair still looks pretty!"

"oh, so i don't?" beomgyu questioned teasingly.

"no, no, of course you do too!" she quickly reassured him. "it's just- ugh..!" she gave up and threw herself backwards, focusing her attention onto the television in front of them.

a chuckle escaped beomgyu's lips as he watched her sulk in embarrassment. out of curiosity, he grabbed his phone and opened the camera app to look at his new hairstyle.

he smiled at the sight of the pigtails she had given him and quickly snapped two quick photos of himself. one of him smiling and another of him with a goofy expression. once he reviewed the pictures and was satisfied with them, he sent them to haeri before turning off his phone and getting into a comfortable position beside her.

at the sound of her phone buzzing, the girl reached out and picked it up. as soon as she opened the notification, she giggled. beomgyu looked at her phone from the corner of his eye and smiled when he saw that it was his "selfies" that she was giggling at.

"so you like the new look i gave you, huh?" she laughed, turning towards him.

he nodded. "of course. you gave it to me after all."

haeri shyly nudged him. "what the heck..."

beomgyu grinned seeing her grow shy from his comment and scooched a little closer to her, giving her a little nudge back. "it's just the truth."

"hey, don't act like i'm the only reason you look like that." she scolded. "you're already good-looking as it is."

now it was his turn to blush from the compliments. "what are you talking about..."

"i mean exactly what i said." she stated, lightly grabbing hold of one of his braids. beomgyu watched her through his peripheral vision as she played with his hair once again, twirling and twisting the braid around with her fingertips.

"you know, i'm not sure if i've ever told you this, but you have really nice hair." haeri muttered quietly. "i love it. i think it suits you a lot."

beomgyu hummed. "really?"

haeri nodded.

"i'll never cut it then."

"well, you need to cut it for it to remain healthy, silly."

"i'll have you cut it for me then."

"i'd be honored." she laughs. "now maybe let's finish the movie, hm?"

and with their hands interlocked on their laps and haeri's head resting on beomgyu's shoulder, they did exactly that.

originally i was going to add more to this chapter, but i didn't want to ruin how wholesome this chapter was so i'll just leave it at this!

sorry it was so short! next chapter will be longer (hopefully) :)

remember that votes and comments are always appreciated! i love reading your comments honestly.
and as always, thank you for reading!