⌦ 23

"what the hell..." beomgyu groggily groaned as he was awakened by the sunlight shining brightly on his face. he blinked his eyes open slowly and just stared blankly at the screen in front of him in a daze.

after allowing himself to wake up a bit, beomgyu snapped out of his daze and looked around, trying to process his surroundings. and once he did, his jaw dropped.

"fuck, what time is it?" he hastily grabbed his phone and suddenly, he was wide awake. "10 o'clock?! uncle's going to kill me..."

panicked, beomgyu went to stand up and gather his belongings so he could quickly get home. however, the feeling of some sort of weight on his shoulder caused the boy to freeze and slowly sit back down.

turning to his side, beomgyu's expression softened at the sight of the sleeping girl beside him who was practically using him as a pillow. "i guess neither of us finished the movie." he chuckled softly.

although beomgyu knew he had to get home soon, he couldn't bring himself to move and risk waking haeri; she just looked too peaceful. lucky for him though, the girl began to stir awake due to the movement caused by him shifting his position.

as she opened her eyes, haeri was quick to notice the time of day and pouted as she realized that she had fallen asleep during the movie, and it was one the really wanted to watch. but, the pout was quickly wiped from her face when she looked up and realized what, or rather who, she had fallen asleep on.

"oh!" haeri exclaimed, quickly slipping out of her position and jumping to her feet. "sorry about that," she laughed awkwardly. "um, i've got to go the bathroom. be right back!"

the boy watched as haeri dashed to the bathroom down the hall with a fond smile present on his face. and while she was in the bathroom, beomgyu decided to take this opportunity to get all of his things together and get ready to head home.

as he was tying his shoelaces by the door, haeri emerged from the bathroom and frowned as she saw him preparing to leave. "surely you didn't plan on leaving without saying goodbye, right?"

beomgyu jumped at the sudden sound of her voice and peaked over his shoulder. with just a quick glimpse of the sad look on her face, beomgyu tied his laces as fast as he could and immediately stood up and faced her.

"of course not!" he answered. "i was going to wait for you to get out of the bathroom and then say goodbye. i was just getting ready to head out, promise."

haeri nodded in response and slowly walked over to him. "okay, i believe you."

the two exchanged smiles as she approached him and as she got closer, beomgyu opened his arms with a silly grin on his face. haeri gladly accepted his offer and walked into his embrace, wrapping her arms comfortably around his waist. "bye, haeri. thanks for letting me stay over. i really do appreciate it."

haeri hummed against his chest. "it's no problem, gyu. i always enjoy your company."

"i'm glad." beomgyu smiled softly. because no one else ever seems to.

as they pulled away from the hug, beomgyu was confused as he watched haeri grab her bag and put her shoes on. "where are you going?" he asked.