⌦ 20

beomgyu anxiously awaits haeri's answer without releasing the hold he unconsciously had on her bag. her blank stare paired with her wide eyes left the boy trembling and nibbling at the dead skin on his bottom lip.

"fuck... why did i ask that..?" he mumbles under his breath. "on second thought, forget i said anything! goodnight."

he begins to speed walk away from haeri, who was still frozen in shock, with his head down in both regret and embarrassment. but, he immediately halts when he hears her calling out to him.

"choi beomgyu!" said boy turns his head to look at her. to his surprise, she was ushering him over with her signature bright smile. "get over here! of course you can stay over!"

beomgyu slowly waddles his way over to her. "are you sure?"

"yup!"

"you really don't mind?"

"not at all!"

"you're positive?"

"shut the fuck up and let's go already."

"right, sorry."

haeri chuckles at his response and links arms with him before guiding him to her home.

"and here we are!" haeri makes a grand gesture as they approach the front gate of the house.

beomgyu's mouth quite literally drops at the sight of the building in front of him causing haeri to laugh. "i know the outside looks a bit fancy but don't get your hopes up. it's really bare inside, nothing special at all."

"are you kidding me?" he looks at her in disbelief. "this is definitely special to me when i compare it to my place."

haeri shakes her head as she unlocks the front door for the two of them. "hopefully yours is a little more homey than mine." she says, glancing at the boy in the corner of her eye.

as they step inside and take off their shoes, a slight frown formed on beomgyu's face as he looked around the living room. she was right, it was really bare. it was such a big and open space yet there was hardly anything filling it.

there were no picture frames with family photos or anything like that. just a couch, coffee table, television, and lamp. basically everything you would expect to see in a child's drawing of a basic living room.

the expression on his face didn't go unnoticed by haeri. she walked up beside him and took in the view of the dull room as well. "my parents are your average busy business workers. they hardly ever made time for me and were rarely home, hence the lack of photos i guess."

"how about now?" beomgyu curiously asks.

"it's all the same now too. the only difference is probably that when i was younger i wished they were around more, but now it's the complete opposite." beomgyu stares at her as she speaks and frowns at the sad smile on her face.

"they left about two weeks ago for another business trip so i've had the house to myself." she looks up at beomgyu and he relaxes when he notices her smile has now ridded itself of any negative emotions. it was a content smile. "it's been really nice honestly. i missed the silence."

"does it not get a little lonely at times?"

the boy flinches when haeri suddenly pulls him towards her into a side hug. "that's why you're here! how can i feel lonely now when i have one of my best friends with me?"

beomgyu lets out a light chuckle as he returns the hug. "i'm glad to be here."

"so, how about we finally settle down instead of just standing here?" haeri brings up, pulling away from the hug. "follow me!" she announces and begins to go up the stairs towards her bedroom, beomgyu following closely behind.

"alright, this is my room. just leave your stuff over there," she points to a corner, "and make yourself at home i guess. i'm going to try and find you some clothes."

"oh, you don't have-" beomgyu tries to refuse, but before he can even finish, she's already gone. he sighs and shakes his head, a grin plastered on his face, and places his bag down where she instructed him to before carefully taking a seat at her desk.

he was pleasantly surprised to find plenty of pictures on the wall above her desk. and as he took a quick look around her room as a whole, he noticed that there were a variety of images littered around the entire place.

although the rest of the house may have been empty and dull, her room was the complete opposite. there was actually signs of life in her room.

there were photos that were just scenery shots. some were of her and huening kai. then there were a few of her with who he would like to assume were kai's sisters. there were a few drawings here and there as well.

the smile never left his face as he looked around. and it only grew when his eyes landed on a photo that was above her desk, right in the center of the others.

it was an image he had never seen before but the two people in it were too familiar. it was haeri and himself. he was holding the girl's hands as he helped her keep her balance on his skateboard. he assumed one of the guys must've taken it since no one else was present at the time.

beomgyu grabbed his phone from his pants pocket and snapped a quick picture of the photo. if he couldn't have a copy of the physical one, he at least needed a digital copy, even if the quality wasn't the best.

after a few more minutes passed, haeri walked in with a small stack of clothes. "sorry i took so long! here's some of my dads old clothes i found, hopefully they fit."

beomgyu stood up and took the clothes from her hands. "i'm sure they will, thank you."

"great! okay, follow me again."

"you can shower here real quick. all the soaps are new and the towels fresh as well! when you're done just sit in the living room for a bit. i'm gonna shower in my bathroom so i'll meet you downstairs when i'm done, alright?"

beomgyu nodded and thanked her once again, shutting the door once she left. he placed the clothes on the counter and moved the shower curtain to the side, examining the shower.

"now how do you work this thing?"

one of the most awkward situations for me personally has got to be showering at someone else's house and not knowing how to work their shower...

anyways, thank you for reading!