Best Friends with Benefits #8: She Likes You

Eunhyuk's pov:

What the hell, how did he find out? She told him?! Why would she do that?

And... HE FELL ASLEEP HERE! I knew that he was a good guy and would never take advantage of a girl, but I didn't like that they spent a night together.

I quickly entered her room to check on her. At least she's safe and sound. I sat down on the bed next to her, watching as she slept. I reached out, caressing her cheek. I really can't deny that I'm in love with you. Hopelessly in love. Why won't you just look at me?

Suddenly, she started frowning in her sleep. "Don't go, please... Don't go..."

I looked away. Who is she talking about, Yesung hyung?

"Hyukjae... Don't go..." What? I turned back sharply to look at her. Did I hear that right? "Lee Hyukjae..."

That's me. It's me she's talking about. Is she dreaming of me? What's happening in the dream?

"Hyukjae, no!" She bolted up, her face ending up inches away from mine.

We stared into each other's eyes for a long time. Then I broke the silence. "Why are you calling my name in your sleep?"

Her eyes widened. "I-I... Uh..."

I stared at her intently, nervously waiting for her answer.

"I... Dreamt that you turned into a clown and killed me."

What the? I frowned. "You expect me to believe you?"

"If not?" Is it just me or she looks nervous?

"You clearly said 'don't go'. Tell me honestly, what did you dream of?"

She blinked. "Look, I can't do anything if you don't believe me, because it's the truth. I was just telling you not to go and turn into a clown. Dreams can get weird as hell, don't you know?" She raised her eyebrow.

I chuckled and shook my head, then pulled her in for a hug. "Don't go drinking alone like that again, please. Do you know how worried I was? I won't able to take it if something happens to you. Don't get hurt, don't drink if you're upset. Just talk to me."

She nodded, staying quietly in my arms for a while. I pulled away, holding her shoulders gently. "Why were you drinking like that last night? What happened?"

She bit her lip, shaking her head softly. "I don't want to talk about it."

I stared at her, dying of frustration and worry. But she just kept her eyes on the bed, refusing to look at me. "It's okay, Hyuk. I'll be fine."

I sighed. "Just let me know whenever you're ready to tell me. I'm here to listen, okay?"

Her eyes were filled with an unreadable emotion when she turned to me. But it disappeared in a flash and her gaze instantly brightened. "As long as you don't turn into a clown and kill me."

I deadpanned. "You have a weird mind."

She rolled her eyes, reaching her toes with her hands to stretch. I pulled out my phone to distract myself so that I wouldn't smile like an idiot. How can she be so cute just doing that?

A notification popped up on my screen, stating that Yesung hyung sent me a message. I tapped on it, opening up our chat.

'Just ask her out if you're a man and you're serious about her, before I smack you with a slipper. The last time, I used a soft one. Let me know if you're curious about how getting hit by a hard-ass Adidas feels like, because I have one.'