A Boxing Thrill #3: Showdown

Corrine's pov:

Wednesday, after class

"Choi Siwon."

Siwon raised his eyebrow as Donghae regarded him with a sharp, cobra-like gaze. I just stared at my best friend, wondering which screw he had loose. Siwon had just asked if Hyukjae could join us for supper, and this guy started acting like he'd rather go to war than agree. Monday was already bad enough, because he'd scowl whenever Hyukjae was near.

"Dude-"

"Don't dude me."

"Hae, it's just one meal. You're both close to Siwon, so why not let him join and get to know him? I know you guys can get along if you just give each other the chance."

"Give me one reason to do that."

"It's not a lot to ask for." A voice spoke from behind, revealing Hyukjae as he approached us. He looked Donghae in the eye. "Why, is that too much for you to handle?"

An odd smile stretched onto Donghae's face. "Sorry to disappoint, but hardly. Feel free to join in, coach."

Hyukjae smirked at him before turning to me. "Shall we go? I know a great burger place that's just twenty minutes away."

Well, thank god that only lasted for a few minutes. I was really going to facepalm myself real hard had they continued challenging each other like how they did at my place that day.

"Burgers? Hell yeah." I grinned at Hyukjae. My gaze caught his dreamy, brown irises and the warm smile on his face. It sure is hard to look away...

Donghae suddenly snapped his fingers in front of me, then grabbed his bag. "Move it then, stop acting like we have ten years to spare."

I barely even managed to pick up my stuff from my locker as he made a turn to leave and pulled me away by the hand in the process. Ugh, why's he in such a hurry?

When we reached the burger place, all I could think about was beef and fries. The aroma was such a torture to my hungry stomach! Hyukjae slid into the seat next to me with a smirk, making me grin at him. "Any recommendations?"

He occasionally tossed glances at the menu and the other two boys as he spoke, but mostly kept his eyes on me. Oh, gosh. When our orders arrived, I took one look at Donghae's plate and wrinkled my nose. "Ugh, I really don't get your love for avocado."

"Me neither." Hyukjae spoke from beside me, holding his hand up for a hi-five. I beamed, giving him a light tap with my palm. Ooh, those sparks are what I live for.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Siwon cautiously lowering Donghae's hand which was fisting a fork tightly.

"Woah... Take it easy, pal."

"I am taking it easy." Donghae spoke between gritted teeth. Geez, why does he look like he's about to murder someone?

Things took a strange turn from then on. First I'd catch Donghae eyeing me like a detective watching a crime suspect, then distinctly tense moments between him and Hyukjae.

For instance, when I needed a tissue, they grabbed one for me at the same time and ended up glaring at each other. When I finished my glass of water, they both offered me theirs and again, ended up glaring at each other. Oh, and it gets worse.

When the snack platter we ordered for sharing arrived, Hyukjae rammed his fork against Donghae's just when he was about to pass me a chicken tender.

"Let. Go."

"You let go."

Heaven's sake, I can't even get my food in peace now?! I turned to Siwon for help, but he just did this.