Gear Me Up #2: Bad and Badder

[A/N: Yalls so sorry for the long wait 😭😭😭😭 I wanted to update like weeks ago but it's been so hectic cause yours truly was busy moving overseas for uni and my writing wasn't serving this chapter... But I'm finally ready to publish it soo HOPE YALL WILL LOVE IT YEAH]

Young Ji's pov:

"Thanks a lot, kids. Don't worry, I'm in good hands." As Donghae smiled at the two bouncers, Jeno and Dino, the worried, apologetic look on their faces faded slightly. "Go back to work."

They nodded and headed out, leaving us alone in the pub owner Heechul's office. He'd only return the next day, so they'd arranged for us to rest there for the time being according to protocol. The heavy scent of tobacco and expensive leather lingered in the air as we sat in the centre of the office, surrounded by fine wood and whiskey.

 The heavy scent of tobacco and expensive leather lingered in the air as we sat in the centre of the office, surrounded by fine wood and whiskey

When my gaze caught the picture on the wall, I stopped short. This must be Heechul... If looks could kill, I definitely just got sent to the underworld. Appa, I may be seeing you much sooner than I thought.

He had the most intimidating eyes that were almost knifelike, as if they could see right through you with just a single glance

He had the most intimidating eyes that were almost knifelike, as if they could see right through you with just a single glance. It was clear he was a man of power and influence who showed no mercy to those who wronged him.

How in the world did Donghae even get to know someone like him? I just picked up the cloth next to him on the couch and started cleaning up his arm, since Jeno and Dino had already taken care of the wounds on his back.

"Are you not going to ask me anything?" He asked as I grabbed the bandage wrap from the table and wrapped it around his injured arm.

The image of the blade slicing across his back couldn't stop replaying in my mind. "Does it hurt a lot?"

"It's nothing, just a few flesh wounds." His answer was no surprise, but the aching in my chest intensified when I registered his words.

"Don't." I exhaled shakily, resisting the urge to throw my arms around him. "Don't ever do something like that again. Looking after me has already cost you enough. I don't want you to—"