Best Friends with Benefits #10: Happy Forever After

Corrine's pov:

I could barely comprehend the scene unfolding before my eyes.

"Tell me this doesn't make you feel anything." Donghae demanded in a low voice after pulling away, leaving a look of bewilderment on Eunhyuk's face. "Tell me!"

Eunhyuk continued staring at him in shock, until the anger on his face vanished as if he realised what he'd done.

"I... I'm sorry, it doesn't." Eunhyuk managed weakly. "You have... You have feelings for me?"

"I wish I didn't. I-I'm sorry Hyuk, I didn't mean to..." Donghae released him and turned to leave, vanishing from sight in seconds.

He's... in love with Eunhyuk?

Heechul was standing there quietly, a stunned look on his face. It seemed like no one had even the slightest idea.

He started swearing and pulling out his phone to call someone while Eunhyuk and I just stood there, barely processing what'd just happened. I was Eunhyuk's best friend, but so was Donghae. They had a very special bond and were the closest to each other in suju. How could something like this happen?

"What a fucking mess... Jungsoo-ah, we're in trouble. Corrine and Hyukjae just got together, and Lee Donghae was crying when he found out. He... He likes Hyukjae! Like, what the fuck! What... What, you knew?"

We turned to him sharply. What?

"Mmm... Okay okay, I got it. Yeah, they're right here. Hold on one sec." He turned on the speaker, passing the phone to us.

We spent the next half an hour on the call with Leeteuk, listening in shock as he told us everything. Donghae had been in love with Eunhyuk for a few years now, and he had been keeping it to himself because he didn't want to ruin the friendship if it wasn't mutual. Until one day when he couldn't take it and cried his heart out to Leeteuk, saying how hard it was for him to hide his feelings. He begged Leeteuk not to tell anyone, until he was sure of how Eunhyuk felt towards him.

"He was a lot happier this year when you both became so close that people even mistook you for a couple whenever you went out together. He got so excited, telling me that he thinks you really like him. He was thinking if he should confess and give you a title or just let things stay the same, since you both seemed happy with your current relationship." Leeteuk sighed from the other end of the line. "I knew it wouldn't end well the moment I saw what was going on between you and Corrine at your house that day. I just didn't expect this day to come so quickly."

When Eunhyuk started clenching his fists, I immediately knew he was blaming himself for the whole thing.

"I thought he only loved me as a friend... I led him on."

Heechul and I both took his hands, comforting him silently.

"Don't blame yourself. You two just give him some space for now. He'll need the time to figure out things on his own. This is the only thing he's kept as a secret from everyone." Leeteuk declared. "Heechul-ah, try to just visit him if you can. At least your presence will help if he doesn't want to talk."

Thankfully, we had Leeteuk. He was like a mother to the boys, and knew all of them by heart. We tried to do as he said, but how could one stay away from his best friend?

Eunhyuk tried to contact Donghae and visit him occasionally but he wouldn't respond no matter what, and even resigned from the agency. This went on for two months, until one morning when we both discovered a note at Eunhyuk's doorstep - a farewell letter from Donghae along with photos of them together.