19. Anomaly

'Yes. Lovely country.' Cersei said blandly.

'I'm sure it's very grim, after Kings Landing. I remember how scared I was when Ned brought me up here for the first time.' Catelyn went on as Sansa approached the front table and smiled shyly up at Cersei.

'Hello, little dove. But you are a beauty. How old are you?' Cersei questioned and Sansa's little heart fluttered

'Thirteen, Your Grace.' She answered.

'You're tall. Still growing?' Cersei questioned

'I think so, Your Grace.' Sansa said confused.

"You dont need any helping looking good Ned." Hayley corrected. Her hand moved to his chest and she felt his heart beat under her hand, he saw her eyes darting to his lips and for a moment he wanted to, he was going to but Rickon ran up. Hayley had one thought on her mind as she looked down at little Rickon's sweet face.

Cockblock.

"Hey handsome." Hayley remarked pulling back from Ned. It was for the best. If she was to live her for the rest of her life, she best not start an affair with her now son's best friend and future VP. Or would it be VK... vice king. Hayley pondered that quickly.

' And have you bled yet?' Cersei questioned and sansa stared at her mother clearly discomfited by the questioned but Catelyn nodded for her to answer. Hayley looked to the head table hearing Cersei's question.

"Excuse me boys." Hayley offered moving towards them.

'No, Your Grace.' Sansa told her, Cersei nodded stiffly.

'And your dress. Did you make it?' Cersei went on and Sansa was to nervous to speak she nodded. 'Such talent. You must make something for me.' Sansa nodded happily as she headed off walking right to Hayley.

"Cersei making you nervous?" Hayley pondered.

"She is the queen." Sansa answered.

"Yes, impressive." Hayley mused seeing that clearly Sansa was impressed and could already tell that she wanted to be the next queen, wear the fancy dresses, be the center of attention. Must get that from her mother Hayley thought as Catelyn smiled widely and beamed at Cersei like she was the whole damn world.

'I hear we might share a grandchild someday.' Cersei said turning to Catelyn

'I hear the same.' Catelyn agreed hopefully.

'Your daughter will do well in the capital. Such a beauty shouldn't stay hidden up here forever.' Cersei told her confidently.

"Grandchildren." Hayley murmured. "At 13, hell to be a mother at that age." A shudder went through her.

"Hey mum." Renly remarked spinning her around the dance floor and pulling her from her spiraling thoughts.

"Hey honey." Hayley coed. Ned's gaze shifted to them. It was hard not to look to Hayley she was a beautiful anomaly.

"You have caught every northern men's eye, mum." Renly remarked. Hayley smiled to herself. "And you like one of them." Renly realized. She shrugged innocently. "The hound included."

"His name is Sandor. Stop calling him that. I dont like it." Hayley told Renly seriously.

"Sorry mum." Renly agreed. "Where are you going?" Renly questioned when she spun away from him.

"I have decided right now that anytime anyone calls my friend sandor, the hound. I have to have a drink with him." Hayley remarked.

"You are going to be drinking a lot." Renly remarked.

"Good. Your wine is not strong enough for my tolerance to have any fun." Hayley mused as she walked off.

"What is Jon doing here?" Catelyn snapped. "I told him and you-"

"I will talk to Jon." Ned agreed calmly as she huffed a breath.

"I think I owe you two drinks at least." Hayley offered grabbing a bottle from the table.

"Do you?" Sandor countered confused.

"Yeah, something new I'm trying to enforce." Hayley agreed.

"That I look lonely?" Sandor mused.

"That I like drinking and dont like people calling you names." Hayley corrected but looked him over. "Yeah you look lonely too." Sandor chuckled taking the bottle from her.

"Lord Stark." Jon remarked when Ned caught his eye. "Before you say anything, Hayley asked me- also she told me to call her Hayley-" Jon felt needed to add that. "-She dragged me back in saying it was cold outside. I'm not saying you should blame anyone but if you want to blame someone..." Jon shrugged tipping his head to Hayley.

"Throw a girl under the bus why dont you." Hayley teased.

"Bus?" Sandor questioned.

"I hate this era." Hayley murmured. "But I did indeed tell Jon- force him really inside." Hayley remarked. "And if any snotty bitch or dick has a problem with it then they can talk to me." Hayley declared confidently and Jon smiled back at her.

"Talk to Hayley." Jon agreed. He felt more confident with her around. Ned couldnt hide his smile and Renly glanced across the banquet hall and noticed Hayley's smile mirrored Ned's.

Meanwhile, Arya flipped food across the table and onto Sansa's face. Hayleys gaze shifted, Arya's giddy little face as it went flying. A laugh broke out on Hayley's face before she looked back to Sandor covering her mouth.

'Arya!' Sansa shouted wiping the potato away

'Arya!' Sansa shouted wiping the potato away. Catelyn signaled a laughing Robb to deal with the girls. Robb wiped the smile off his face and hoisted up Arya.

'Time for bed.' Robb declared.

"That was hilarious." Hayley decided.

"Bed." Robb repeated as Arya's jaw dropped, she was just having fun.

"What?" Arya whined. "Hayley! Save me! I was just having fun!" Arya begged and Ned loved that Arya reached for Hayley. Hayley smiled saying she could tell her a story tonight if she wanted. Arya pouted back at them as Robb carried her off.

"It better be a good story!" Arya declared as the doors shut.