33. For Love

"Stop it," she said, "stop it, stop it. Oh, please ..." But Cersei's voice was low and weak, and she did not push him away. She wanted him, she craved him, she had to pretend for her own sake at times that she didnt. She wasnt committing this sin like no other. Her hands buried themselves in Jaime's hair, his golden hair, and pulled his face down to her breast.

 Bran saw her face, the queen. Her eyes were closed and her mouth was open, moaning. Her golden hair swung from side to side as her head moved with her brothers forceful movements. What the hell was the queen doing half naked with her brother?

 He must have made a noise of terror or disgust because suddenly her eyes opened, and she was staring right at him. She screamed an ear pinching scream and Bran froze. Everything happened at once. 

Cersei pushed Jaime away wildly, shouting and pointing, he saw us, he saw us. Bran tried to pull himself up and away, he reached for the gargoyle he needed to be far away. His mother always said that one of these days he would be climbing and see something he wasnt supposed to. Today was that day. 

Bran was in too much of a hurry to get away. His hand scraped uselessly across smooth stone, and in his panic his legs slipped, and suddenly he was falling back, this was the moment he died. 

His head whipped back and he felt a rush of instant vertigo everything was spinning, a sickening lurch as the window flashed past.

Bran reached uselessly, blindly for the ledge, before he finally grabbed it. His body swung against the building, hard once he got a hold of the ledge. The impact of the wall slamming into his chest took the breath right out of him. Bran dangled, one-handed, panting. 

"He saw us," Cersei said shrilly and Bran's dizzy gaze shifted to them.

 "So he did," Jaime agreed calmly. Bran's fingers started to slip. He grabbed the ledge with his other hand. Fingernails dug into unyielding stone. Jaime reached down for bran but Cersei swatted a hand away. Bran's breath quickened, confused and scared as his eyes flickered between the twins.

"He saw us, what are you doing?" Cersei hissed wanting him to fall and crash. 

'Are you completely mad?' Jaime questioned.

' He saw us.' Cersei reminded Jaime.

'It's all right. It's all right.' Jaime assured, he reached down. "Take my hand," he said. "Before you fall." Bran seized his arm and held on tight with all his strength. Jaime yanked him up to the ledge. 

"What are you doing?" Cersei demanded. Jaime ignored her. He was very strong. He stood Bran up on the ledge. 

'He saw us!' Cersei shouted as she righted herself. Fixing her hair and her dress completely. 

'I heard you the first time.' Jaime remarked he turned to a very nervous Bran. 'Quite the little climber, aren't you? How old are you, boy?'

'Ten .' Bran said nervously

'Ten.' Jaime repeated looking to Cersei. But Cersei's stared was harsh.   His fingers had dug deep gouges in Jaime's forearm holding on for dear life. Bran thought he was going to pull him in and finally loosened his death grip waiting for Jaime to pull him in.

 "The things I do for love," Jaime drawled out with loathing. He gave Bran a shove. Screaming, Bran went backward out the window into empty air. There was nothing to grab on to. The courtyard rushed up to meet him. Somewhere off in the distance, a wolf was howling. Crows circled the broken tower, waiting for corn.

Somewhere in the great stone maze of Winterfell, a wolf howled. The sound hung over the castle like a flag of mourning.