Chapter 12: Bloody Sinners

The rain had stopped and the entire street smelled of wet pavement that quenched the dry soil dead weeds

The rain had stopped and the entire street smelled of wet pavement that quenched the dry soil dead weeds. Lazarus arrived outside of the Underworld nightclub that had woken up while the city slept. He couldn't hide his disdain as he sat alone in his truck waiting for his pack to join him here. This was the last place he wanted to be. He had to summon a lot of resolve to leave his mate alone at her home. Even now, away from her, his body still hadn't recovered from her touch. He remembered her arousal for him and the way her body unraveled whenever he kissed her neck or plunged his fingers into her core. He did not need to be here right now and deal with their fucking past that just kept coming back. When was this shit going to end? he thought darkly as he surveyed the long strip of path ahead.

The buzz interrupted his seething temper. He grabbed his phone and answered it on speaker.

"Are you here?" Ronin's voice slipped through the quiet.

"I am," answered Lazarus. "Is Trez sure that it's Alaric who's at the club?"

"You can't mistake someone else for my brother," Adrik spoke then.

Lazarus cut the phone and put the small comms-machine in his ear that allowed them all to hear each other. He got out of his truck and went to the trunk grabbing two glocks and securing them under his leather jacket. He had a bunch of blades already on him since he went to see Sophia.

He shut the trunk and locked the car before he walked to the front doors of the nightclub. Lazarus pushed down all distractions and drew his focus on the mission now. They were infiltrating this club to find Alaric and possibly detain him, which was going to be a fucking pain.

Stepping in front of the closed doors that held all the chaos inside the building, Lazarus was joined by Isaiah, Ronin and Adrik.

"So, what's the plan?" Ronin asked as he raked his auburn hair.

"Adrik," Isaiah spoke, "what do you want to do?"

"Find him and try not to get killed," Adrik said grimly before he went to the door and slipped inside.

"Alright then," Ronin said, "let's get this sonofabitch." He followed after Adrik.

Lazarus and Isaiah entered the nightclub. The massive black enclave was shining like the galaxy with all the red-neon lights. He could barely see past the thick smoke and the walls that shook around them with the techno beats booming through the halls. They passed the long hallway into the club that opened up with thousands of people at the bar and on the dance floor. All the bartenders were hard at work earning their keep as people partied their nightmares away.

Lazarus stayed hidden in the darkness of the club, just like his pack had also. But he knew how to keep track of them, it was something their father taught him to do. Staying in the shadows was only helpful if one knew how to track their enemy and kill them without being seen. As Lazarus studied the club, his eyes sought out for Alaric who was nowhere to be seen yet.