Chapter 20: The Moon & The Beast

The night had just begun and so did the party at the Iron Pack house

Everyone was rushing to get the preparations finished and Ashley was working around the clock to make sure every flower was in place; that the lights were strung high in the tent outside and the bar had been arranged before all the guests showed up for tonight's celebration.

"Ashley! The caterers are here!" Ronin yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

Ashley hurried out of her bedroom whilst putting on her earring. "Send them outside!" she yelled back. "I'm coming!" She ran back to the room and clipped on the back of her earring. Finally dressed, she checked in the mirror one final time approving of her pink dress and heels. She brushed out her hair and let it fall in waves down her back.

"Mom," Evelyn ran into the room.

Ashley faced her daughter who wore a beautiful royal-blue frock and a matching bow in her hair. "Yes, baby," she bent to the ground and fixed the rumple in her daughter's frock.

"When is Dimitri coming?" she asked.

"He'll be here soon," Ashley answered.

"How soon?" Evelyn asked.

"Very soon," Isaiah answered as he entered the room.

Ashley smiled at her mate. "Evelyn, can you go check on Sophia and see if she's doing alright?" Evelyn agreed delightfully and ran out the room. "How's Lazarus?" She asked as she got to her feet.

"Annoyed that we arranged them a party even though they already got married," Isaiah said as he put his arms around her waist.

Ashley straightened his bowtie. "I wasn't the one who told them to elope to England and get married without us," she said.

"You know why they did that," Isaiah said. "Sophia was with her whole family, so she didn't see a point in bringing them all here and then sending them back."

She sighed and put her arms around his neck. "That's why I threw them this reception party," she beamed.

Isaiah chuckled. "You go handle my brother's temper then," he said.

Ashley rolled her eyes. "Fine." She tried to get free but Isaiah didn't let her go... not until he stole a few kisses.

Lazarus was standing in his bedroom and buttoning the cuffs to his shirt. Spring break was over tomorrow and that meant he wasn't going to be able to go anywhere with Sophia until Summer break came around. So, yes, he was pissed that he was stuck in this party when he could be on his honeymoon.

The gold glint on his finger caught his eye, he looked down at his left hand where the simple band rested. The memory of that night when he proposed to Sophia would always remain in his heart. Laying in her bedroom at her mom's house, he didn't think of a better place to ask her to be his forever. He was also the one who suggested that they have a quick wedding with her mom and her family too. But now, he knew he should have stayed in London a bit longer to avoid his chaotic pack.