Chapter 15: Dark Beast

Sophia reached the back door breathless and her legs throbbed from running so far

Sophia reached the back door breathless and her legs throbbed from running so far. She pushed the door open and stepped into the house seeking refuge, but she knew she wasn't safe when the wolf prowled closer. She couldn't believe her own eyes as that golden wolf shifted into Lazarus, it was impossible that this type of power existed and no one knew about it.

Frankly, that wasn't her concern right now, it seemed that the playfulness in the wolf wasn't reciprocated in Lazarus. His eyes held a piercing focus that made her weak in the knees and falter her resolve. He stood to his powerful height and walked towards her, his long hair around his shoulders that she wished to run her fingers through it.

Sophia feared what he'd do if he caught her, so she continued into the house. However, where would she go except his room where his bed was. Her heart hammered inside her chest that she feared the whole house would hear it. She made it toward the stairs when she curiously looked over her shoulder to see if he still pursued her. And as guessed, Lazarus leisurely strode up the stairs like he challenged her to go anywhere but his room, it kind of irked her.

She stopped at the top of the stairs and faced him with her hands on her hips. "If you think I'm going to do whatever you want, you're mistaken," she chided.

He grinned wickedly. "You are going to do what I want," he claimed, "and you'll beg for more."

She raised a brow. "Cocky, aren't you," she believed.

"You can't back out." Lazarus was a few steps below her when that wolf in him flashed at her through his green eyes. "It's too late for you, baby girl," he warned.

Sophia hadn't realized when her feet moved back on their own as Lazarus closed the space between them. Her shoulder skimmed the door and he pushed it open letting her stumble into the room... his territory. A shudder ran through her body, the room was a bit chillier since the balcony doors had been left open, although something told her that the cold wasn't what had her skin crawl with angst.

Lazarus shut the door trapping her in with him. The look in his eyes was enough to caution her that this was going to be a long night for both of them.

He had already told her that wolf shifters were different than human. She didn't know about other people and what their experiences were, but facing Lazarus right now explained that he wasn't a normal man. There was a dangerously feral instinct in his eyes that spoke volumes to the control he had over himself and her.

She found herself drawn to him, like an unseen chain bound her body to his, there wasn't an escape... well even if there was, she would never take that route. He asked if she wanted this, wanted him and she did. In the past, she always believed that there was nothing in this world she needed, yet here she stood yearning for this man. His heart, his soul, his wolf... it all belonged to her.