Chapter 21: Epilogue

The storm wasn't slowing down tonight. Lazarus stared out the window of his room and saw the thick clouds rolling in with flashes of lighting playing amongst the sky. Restlessness crept into him, he shut the windows to prevent the rain from soaking the entire room, when the door to his room opened and his mate rushed inside. A smile tugged at his lips instantly wiping the frown away.

"Goodnight, guys," she said behind her.

"Goodnight!" Ashley's voice came and then Rosalie's.

Sophia closed the door and put her purse down on the chair, her smile grew when she saw him too. He never understood before how someone could completely enchant another, but as he stood here looking as his mate dressed in a tight black dress, her hair tousled by the wind and the sweet feminine fragrance that clung to her, he was utterly disarmed.

"Hey, honey." She came over and hugged him. His heart filled with warmth and it was all because of her.

"I missed you," he said softly.

Sophia looked up without taking her arms off around him. "I didn't," she jested.

He raised a brow. "Is that so?"

"I was having the time of my life with all the girls from the Centauri pack and Evangeline too," she said.

Lazarus caught the playfulness brimming in her blue eyes. "What did you do?" he asked.

Sophia let go of him and walked off into the room to take off her earrings. "Well, first we went shopping all over the city and then had dinner at Eleven Madison Park which was absolutely mind-blowing," she said.

He watched as she moved around the space with ease filling the room with her voice and excitement. She took a seat on the settee to take off her heels, he saw her struggling with the strap so he went to her. Bending to the ground, he replaced her fingers with his own and unhooked the tiny gold belt around her ankle.

"Thank you," she whispered before kissing his cheek and got up on her bare feet to go to the bathroom. He heard the water run for the bathtub and the fragrance of her favourite rose and coconut soap. "Then Viola took us to this really cool retro bar for drinks and later we went to a club called the Underworld. I've never been there before, it's huge. We met the owner, he was scary but had killer looks."

Lazarus went over to the bathroom, leaning on the edge of the door-frame, he enjoyed the sight of her letting her hair down from all the pins and clips. The heavy waves fell around her shoulders, an urge to run his fingers through it grew in him.

She turned towards him, leaning against the counter. "How was your night?" she asked.

"I worked then hit the gym and showered," he said indifferently.

"Didn't you eat dinner?" she asked.

"I wasn't hungry," he answered. Hunger, the word resonated inside him. Looking at his mate, he was definitely hungry for her.

Sophia noticed the bath that was filling to the top rapidly, she quickly turned off the top until all the bubbles formed at the top of the water and floated along gently. The strap of her dress fell from her shoulder before she stood back up. He stepped into the bathroom, cornering her to the table, putting his arms around her.

"How about you have a little fun with me?" he proposed.

She smiled shyly as his eyes trail down to from lips to her neck. She grew quiet when his fingers gently pulled the other strap of her dress off her shoulder, her breasts would be bare if he just pulled a bit further. He leaned down and kissed her neck, running his teeth along her soft skin. A small moan escaped her lips as she gripped the counter for support. He separated her legs with his foot and stepped between them, his hands eagerly pulled the hem of her short dress above her butt exposing her lacy black underwear. He gripped the lace, almost wanting to rip it off but he got distracted when Sophia leaned up to kiss him.