Confessing?

Jimin has been over-excited for several days. The others have noticed and commented on it to you. But today, he can't stand still, humming, smiling, and giggling as he went about his day. You have been with him all day and wonder why he is acting so happy.

Later in the day, he texts everyone to meet because he has an announcement. You wonder what Jimin is up to. He always confides in you, but this time, whatever it is, he is keeping it to himself.

 What could he have to announce? He has been seeing someone new and spending much of his free time with her. Could it be about her? You saw her today, but both acted the same as usual around each other.

You and the guys have talked, wondering what he is up to. They are concerned he wants to confess to her. To them, she doesn't seem as interested in Jimin as he is in her. They voice their concerns to you because you and Jimin are so close.

You tried to get him to tell you what was happening, but he just smiled and held your hand, saying, "Don't worry. I have it all planned out." 

You ask him, "What exactly is it you have planned?" 

He starts to walk away with a blush.

Confused and curious, you ask him outright, "Jimin, do you plan on confessing today?" 

Not turning around, "Yes," is all he says.

You go to catch up with him. From talking with her, you know she has a crush on Jimin, but she admitted to having a crush on them all.

 You don't want to see him get hurt. You love Jimin like a brother, and seeing him hurt or humiliated would crush you. This makes you worry even more. You are reaching a panic level and don't know what to do about it.

Everyone is gathered around Jimin, including the guys, a few of the dancers, and managers. There is a hushed conversation about what he is going to announce. 

One of the dancers looks at you questioningly, and you shrug your shoulders. You don't know either. You see the one you thought he was going to make the announcement about in the back of the small crowd talking with another young lady, not even paying attention to Jimin.

Jimin looks around at everyone gathered here, holding a flower. Smiling, he walks directly to you and hands you the flower.

 Shocked, you laugh and ask, "What is this for Jimin?" thinking he is teasing you.

 You nervously look around at the guys. Their faces show nothing but confusion and surprise. 

He takes your hand and walks you to the center of the room. You are so confused that you whisper to him, "Jimin, what are you doing?" He doesn't answer.

He takes your hands and says, "I have known you for a long time and have grown closer to you each year. I want to spend more time with you by my side. Will you be my girlfriend?"

You stand frozen in shock and see everyone staring at you, waiting to see what you say. Jimin is caressing your hands, smiling at you. You know he is not in love with you.

Is this some prank? Was there a daring bet going on between them? They like to dare each other to do things they usually wouldn't do on their own. You know Jimin is not in love with you.

You two don't have that kind of relationship, and you know he is crushing on the other girl. Your palms start sweating, and your heart beats hard and fast as panic sets in. You wonder what kind of game he is playing. 

You can hardly breathe, and in a panic, you cry, "No, No, I can't!" and you pull your hands from his and run from the room. 

Humiliating him is the last thing you ever wanted to do. Your heart breaks at what you have done, but you're not in love with him. If this is a prank, it is one of the cruelest.