Public Humiliation

You both sit back in your chairs, and he stares at you. You break the gaze by looking around the restaurant. The waiter comes with a bottle of wine, pours you both a glass, and then sets the bottle on the table. "Have you decided on dinner tonight?" You both look up at him and say what you would like for dinner, and he leaves.

You both sit at the table, not speaking, when the salad arrives. You start to eat your salad not because you are hungry, but because it keeps you from having to talk. You suddenly realize you are hungry after all. Maybe that is why you are being snarky.

 Yoongi has picked at his salad. You ask, "Do you not like it?"

 He looks up at you, grinning because you are talking to him now, "I need room for my steak."

 You put your fork down, and once again, your overthinking gets the better of you, "So a rock eats meat? You're a carnivore, rock?" 

He puts his fork down, "What is it with all these rock comments? I try to explain how I feel, and you are making jokes?"

You lean on the table with your elbows. You know it's not polite manners, but you don't care right now. 

"You kiss me, call me honey, yet you say you'd rather be a rock so you won't have to feel."

 Dumbfounded, he sits there speechless as you continue, "What am I supposed to think, Yoongi? That you are lying to me for some reason? How can you want to kiss me if you don't feel? How can you call me honey if you don't want to feel anything for me? Are you angry at me and, Jimin, and since you can't or won't take it out on him, you are taking it out on me? Are you trying to punish me?" 

He interlocks his fingers as he puts his hands together. You can't really read any emotions on his face, but damn if it doesn't look like he is giving you the middle finger, although very subtly. You ramble on and on. You can't stop it. You are fighting back, breaking down and crying in front of him. You have fallen in love with him and he doesn't want to feel love.

 "You would rather be a rock than have any feelings for me!"

He tries to interrupt you, but you won't let him: "I have feelings for you, Yoongi, because I am NOT a rock. I don't want to be a rock. I want to feel. I want to love. I want . . . I wanted you to like me, to have feelings for me, too, but you can't. Rocks don't feel!"

He finally starts to speak as you take a deep breath, "I asked you out because I wanted to talk to you about my feelings for you . . ." 

You interrupt him, "I got it the first time you said it in the car. You want to be a rock rather than feel. You don't need to tell me again that you don't and won't ever have feelings for me!"

Tears are falling now, and people are staring at you. You look around and then back at Yoongi. He is sitting there, his mouth slightly gapped open in disbelief. You realize all the things you said to him, and you run from the restaurant. 

He gets up to follow you when the waiter arrives with your dinners, and they collide.

Outside the restaurant, you find a place to sit and are happy that a bush blocks your view of the restaurant entrance as you call an Uber.

 You wipe your tears and try to scoot back into the shadow of the bush while you wait. You're totally humiliated at what you have done and the mean things you said to Yoongi. Softly your tears start to fall again.