So You're Not In Love

Suddenly, he has you in his arms, kissing you. You start to melt into him, then push against his chest.

 "Yoongi, what are you doing?"

 He grins and says, "Kissing you."

He has you confused. "But why? I just humiliated Jimin and myself in front of everyone. But mostly, I hurt him, someone I care for, and I never would do something like that to him."

 A tear rolls down your cheek, and he wipes it away.

Still holding you, he gives you a warm hug and steps away. "You care for Jimin?" 

You motion for him to sit as you sit back at your desk. "Yes,  I care for him. I care for you, all of you."

He says, "So you're not in love with him, then?" He stops picking at the skin around his thumbnail and looks up expectantly, hoping your answer won't hurt.

You blush, "No, I'm not in love with him." You rise from your desk and open the blinds on your office window. The sun has moved so that it won't overheat your office. Plus, it made for a good distraction as you felt awkward.  You return to your desk, tucking loose strands of hair behind your ear before you sit, looking across the desk to him. "That is why I had to say no. I couldn't lie and say yes to avoid hurting him. That wouldn't be right."

He silently nods and asks, "Will you go to dinner with me tonight? I have something I would like to talk to you about."

You look at him, surprised. "Tonight? But you can talk to me now." You smile as you start straightening papers on your desk.

He says, "They're coming, and I want to talk to you alone. I will pick you up at 7."

You watch him bewildered, wondering where all this is going and what he wants to talk to you about.

 He stands to leave your office, stops as he reaches the door, and turns back to you. "Dress up," he grins, then leaves. 

You sit there speechless, then mutter, "They're coming?" you lean back in your office chair and release a sigh. Then, your fingers gently brush across your lips as you recall Yoongi's kiss.

About 15 minutes later, your thoughts of Yoongi's kiss get interrupted by a multitude of knocks on your door. You look at your door, grinning. You mumble, 'I guess they 're here.'

You call, "Come in." 

Namjoon, Jin, J Hope, Taehyung and Jungkook enter. The five of them talked over each other, saying, "Sorry. He was laughing. We didn't know he would do that. How could he do that to you?" 

You raise both hands, "Stop, slow down, please." You laugh, "One at a time."

They look at you confused. Jungkook asks, "Why are you laughing?" 

Taehyung says, "You ran crying, so we came to check on you."

 Namjoon says, "We're so sorry he did that to you, but I don't think he meant to embarrass you."

 Jin says, "We know he didn't mean to make you cry. His heart was in the right place, though, and he thought he was helping you."

Confused, you shake your head, "What are you talking about? I embarrassed and hurt him. What do you mean by 'after what he did to me'?"

J Hope comes, squats down by your chair, and holds your hand. "Love, he tried to trick Yoongi into confessing."

You jump from your seat, almost knocking J Hope over. "What!?" 

Taehyung says, "We thought he was heartbroken, but he was laughing." 

Jungkook says, "He thought his plan worked when he saw Yoongi run after you."

You're shocked and angry, "HE WHAT!?"

Jungkook answers, "He did it to make Yoongi Hyung jealous so he would confess to you."

You move away from them, pacing behind your desk, and then you suddenly stop. "Where is Jimin?"

 Namjoon says, "He was ashamed of what he did after he saw it made you cry." 

Jin says, "He thought it would only make Yoongi express his feelings for you."

You sigh, close your eyes, and whisper, "Oh my, no."

 Taehyung says, "Jimin overheard him talking to someone the other day about his feelings for you. He thought he had the perfect plan."

You wonder, 'Could it be? No way, not my mom. Was that how she knew he liked me?'

They were all seven, of them close to your mom. She was like a mother to them, and they loved her. You ask Tae, "Who was it he was speaking to? Do you know?" 

He shakes his head, "I don't know, he didn't say."

J Hope answers a text and looks up at you. "That was Jimin. He wants to know if you will meet him in his studio." 

You frown at J Hope. "Why didn't he ask me?"  

J Hope says, "He was afraid you wouldn't answer if you saw it was a text from him."

You cast your eyes down, looking at the floor, then sigh, "He would have been right."