Love Can Be So Blinding

She says, "You know she laughs like Jimin. They both end up on the floor or in someone's lap every time. Yoongi, they must have found something very funny. They weren't doing anything else. What did you do?"

 He says, "They must have found it funny, me finding them together then storming off." 

She slightly scolds him, "They were already laughing before you even entered the room. They weren't laughing at you, baby boy."

Yoongi smiles even though she can't see him. He finds it so cute whenever she calls him her baby boy. His smile leaves his face when he recalls what he did, "I walked out slamming the door and wouldn't talk to them even when they came after me."

He hears her sigh, "Love can be so silly and blinding. You apologize to her. I already made the reservations for dinner for two tonight. Let me know if you don't work things out, and I will take Jimin out to dinner."

Yoongi starts to protest, "But he started all this!" 

She says, "Yes, he did, but he is still cute, sexy, and lovely. How can I resist?" 

They both laugh. "I may be old enough to be a mother to all of you, but I'm still a woman. I can still have dinner with a handsome man." 

She listens to Yoongi laughing and smiles to herself. 

She says, "Besides, I have a crush on the owner, and I know he likes me. This might make him jealous, and he will confess to me." She laughs.

 Yoongi says, "But that is exactly what got us to this point. Someone trying to make someone jealous." 

She softly sighs and then admits, "You are right, baby boy. Someone shouldn't be tricked into confessing. I'm sorry that happened to you and that you both got hurt. I don't think Jimin intentionally meant to hurt either of you."

He asks, "You know what happened?" 

She replies, "Yes. She called me crying right afterward, it seems. She felt so awful thinking she hurt Jimin by telling him she didn't want to be his girlfriend." 

Yoongi hears her take a deep breath and then release it. "Talk to her, don't be angry. She didn't know Jimin would do what he did."

He asks, "Did you know?"

 "No, I didn't. We knew he was planning something, but we didn't know what. We thought it had to do with the new girl he was gushing over. Believe me, she was shocked when Jimin asked her to be his girlfriend, knowing he liked the other girl."

 She hears Yoongi sigh, "Mrs. Lee." 

She interrupts him, "Why so formal now? You haven't called me that in years. Not since I told you boys to call me mom, why now?"

He stutters, "Because I, I," he pauses and sighs out of frustration, "because I'm in love with her, and I want to ask her to be my girlfriend, and someday you would make a wonderful mother-in-law."

She laughs, "You're thinking that far ahead already?" 

He says, "I thought of a future with her, yes." 

She says, "But you haven't even confessed to her yet." 

 He says, "I know, I know, but it's what I want."

She teasingly says, "So it's true then, what Yoongi wants Yoongi gets?" 

He is laughing so hard that she bursts out laughing, too.

He says, "Yeah, it's something like that." 

There is a moment of silence as they both think, and then Yoongi asks, "I was distraught earlier with her. Do you think she will still go out to dinner with me?"

 She reassures him, "Yes, I will make sure of it."

He sounds relieved, "Thank you for listening and talking with me. It always helps when I talk to you." 

"You are most welcome, baby boy. I will see you when you come to pick her up tonight. Saranghae." 

"Nado saranghae, bye." He hangs up, looking forward to tonight when he confesses to you, yet he feels anxious and worried you may not welcome it.

Later, after going home, you come out of your room dressed for tonight's dinner with Yoongi. You don't know why you are even going, he was mad at you. But he never called to cancel. You are nervous and your tummy hurts. Hoping that eating a little something would make it settle down you head to the kitchen.