Nightmare

I walk out of class and head to the main exit to head home.. I hold the straps of my rucksack tightly as I walk down the hall, making sure not to make eye contact with anyone. I don't want any trouble. Not today. I put my headset on and press play. 'American idiot - Green Day' comes on.

I live a 15 minutes walk from school, 10 if I'm walking fast, which is the case right now because I just want to get home to my bed. I'm really tired.

I have to go through a sketchy tunnel to get home. Even though I have lived here most of my life, I still don't like it. The lights almost never work and when they do, they are blinking. There is graffiti everywhere, mostly swearwords and tags, on the old concrete walls. I'm just glad the sun is still out, so it's a little less dark and sketchy.

I see a small group of people at the bottom of the tunnel. I take a deep breath and hope they don't talk to me. As I get closer to them, I see it's one of the last people I want to meet right now. It's Sara. She has hated me for years now and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's because she can't control me, like one of her puppets or as she calls them "friends". Maybe it's because I'm different from her? Or maybe it's because I'm English? Even though I have lived here since I was 4 years old, I speak perfectly good Danish. I really don't know and to be honest, I really don't care. If she wants to hate me for no good reason, then so be it.

I'm a few meters away from them, praying that they will leave me alone today. But of course I'm not that lucky. Great...

"Hey freak!" Sara says as she pushes me, so I bump into one of her friends, a tall guy with brown hair.

"Ew! I don't want it! Here, take it!" He says, pushing me to the third person, a blond girl.

"Please leave me alone." I mumble. I really don't want any problems today.

"Ew no thanks! It might have something contagious!" She says with an annoyingly squeaky voice, before pushing me to another guy, he is a little taller than the other guy, blonde, obviously bleached hair.

"No thank you! I don't collect losers!" he says, before pushing me back to Sara.

"I just wanna go home." I mumble, trying to get away but fail as I get pushed again. They push me back and forth between the 4 of them for some time, before Sara moves to the side so I fall to the ground and my headset falls off.

"Oopsi!" She laughs. They all laugh at me. I try to get up but Sara kicks me so I fall again.

"Please, just let me go home." I say shyly, trying to get up again.

"Why? We are just having a little fun." Sara says, her voice full of hatred. She punches me in the stomach, causing pain to shoot throughout my entire body. I groan as I hit the ground again. She starts kicking me again, so I curl up into a ball, covering my face with my arms. Her friends join her, kicking me in my back, my legs and my stomach. I let out small screams every time they hit me.

"Please stop. I just want to go home." My voice cracks. They don't stop. I can feel my body getting weaker from the pain. I'm never getting out of this alive.

"Please stop..." At this point my voice is a whisper
"Please..."
"Please..."

"Dani.. Dani, wake up." Someone shakes my arm to wake me up. I sit up in shock. I'm drenched in sweat, I'm shaking and my heart is beating so fast in my chest. It was just a bad dream. The room is dim. I look around to see where I am and who else is in here. It's only Clem and I. 

"Hey you're okay. It was just a bad dream, I got you." He says. 

I wish it was just a bad dream, that it never actually happened... I can almost feel the pain in my stomach.