You are mine for the day

It's been three days since Tommy told me he loves me. I still don't know how to react. I've just been pretending I didn't hear him, but I feel like a complete ass. I did hear him. Loud and clear. He said he loves me.

We are all sitting downstairs, eating breakfast. The boys are talking about the show tonight. I'm not really listening. To be fair, I don't think I've really been listening to much they've said the past three days. I swallow the last bite of my breakfast, before I get up. I put my plate on the countertop, before I walk upstairs and into my room. I take off my hoodie and sweatpants, before I put on my skinny jeans and a jumper. I grab my makeup bag and sit on my bed. Just as I'm done applying the primer, I hear a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"It's Roo." He says, from the other side of the door. "Can I come in for a moment?" He asks.

"Sure." I say, as I open my eyeshadow palette. He opens the door and steps in, before closing it behind him.

"Are you okay?" He asks, as he squads next to the bed.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I ask, feeling a little confused.

"You've been a little off for three days now." He says.

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking at him for a second, before looking back into the mirror.

"You don't talk as much. It seems like there is something on your mind constantly. Is it still about the dream?" He asks, sounding slightly worried.

"No, it's not the dream... It's, eh... It's something else." I say.

"What is it? You know you can trust me, right?" He says.

"Do you swear not to tell anyone?" I ask, looking at him.

"Pinky promise." He says, lifting his pinky. I can't help but laugh a little as I wrap my pinky around his.

"Okay... three days ago, when we were about to sleep, Tom said that..." I take a deep breath before I continue. "He said that he loves me, but I didn't know how to react, so I just pretended to sleep and now I feel like I'm a bad person for ignoring him." I say, really fast.

"Woaw. First of all, you are not a bad person, you are just surprised, that's normal. Second, do you love him?" He says.

"I don't know. I was really close to saying it the day the fans saw us, so I think I do, yea. But then why am I so freaked out about it?" I say, looking back in the mirror as I continue to apply my makeup.

"It's normal to be confused, especially in the beginning. I remember the first time my girlfriend, Amanda, said it to me. I didn't know how to react either." He says with a laugh.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"I just kissed her." He says.

"I think I'm about three days too late for that response." I say with a slight laugh.

"Yea, true." He mumbles, looking like someone who is in deep thought.

"Do you think he knows I heard him?" I ask.

"No, then he would have said something." He says.

"I just don't wanna say it before I'm totally sure that's the way I feel, you know?" I say, as I apply the last layer of mascara.

"Yea, I get that." He says.

"We should get back out to the boys." I say, as I get up from my bed. Andy nods, as he stands up. We go through the hallway and out to the upstairs lounge.

"You are so boring!" Marcus complains.

"Why are they boring?" Andy asks.

"There's a karneval in town, but neither of them wants to go with me." Marcus says.