What if...?

We are standing outside of the venue after another amazing show. I'm standing next to Tommy, who's talking to some fans, while having his arm wrapped around me. We've been public for a little while now and so far the response has been amazing. Clem and I chose to go public too. So now everyone knows Clem is my big brother and Tommy is my boyfriend. Everything is so great at the moment.

"You are so cute together. You are so lucky!" One of the girls says, looking at me.

"Thank you. You are so sweet." I say with a big smile.

"I'll be back in a second, I'll just go grab a beer. One moment." Tommy says, looking at the fans. He kisses my cheek, before heading to the back door of the venue.

"You are such a golddigger." I hear one of them say. I look at them in shock.

"Whore!" another one mumbles.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask, shocked.

"You show up out of nowhere. All of a sudden Clem is your brother and you are dating Tommy. You are probably only here for the fame, right?" Another one says.

"Not that I owe you an explanation, but I had no idea that Clem was my brother when I joined the tour. I'm their stylist. I joined the tour because being a touring stylist is my dream job." I say.

"And now she is a liar too. Woaw." someone else says. I don't get it? The fans have always been so nice? Where is all of this coming from?

I turn around and head to the bus. I walk up to my room and throw myself in my bed. I take my phone up and open twitter. I can't help myself, so I search for my name, but don't find anything. I search for 'Clem's sister'. Okay, here is something.

"Attention seeker."

"She only uses him for fame. She is not Clem's sister."

"Imagine lying about stuff like being Clem's sister." I click on it to see some of the comments. "Stop hating on her. I met her in Paris and she was so nice!" It brings a smile to my face that it's not all bad things.

I search for 'Tommy's girlfriend' but instantly regret it.

"You can see Tommy doesn't even like her." I click on the comments. "Neither do the rest of the boys!"

"Poor Clem and Tommy!"

"She's a whore."

"Golddigger!"

"She is so ugly! I don't get what Tommy sees in her!"

Why are people so mean? What have I done to them? All the fans I've talked to have been so nice?

I sit up in shock. My body is shaking. It was just a bad dream. I take a deep breath before I stand up to grab my sweatpants and a hoodie. I put it on, grab my boots and leave my room as quiet as possible. I walk downstairs, put my boots and jacket on, before I grab my cigarettes and leave the bus. I take a deep breath of fresh air.

I fucking hate my anxiety and my tendency to overthink everything. I know the fans are so nice and so supportive, they would never write stuff like that! I know it's easier to hide behind a screen and write hateful things, so I won't take it too personal but what if they do it to my face? I think I might start to cry.

I cross the road and take a seat on the bench. I open the pack and pull a cigarette up. I put it between my lips and light it. I take one long drag and feel the nicotine hit my body. Suddenly I hear the bus door open and Andy walks out.