Poems, Writing and Inspiration

Before I begin to actually share my poems here, I want to tell you a few other things. For example, why I started to write them, when I started to write them, how, when and where I write them and what and who my inspirations are.

Why did I start to write them?

So, I already wrote texts before I started writing poems. I always found comfort in writing them. But after a while, they just didn't feel creative enough anymore. So I tried to do a similar thing, but with rhyming. I am someone who needs challenges in their life and this felt like the perfect challenge.

When did I start writing them?

I don't know when exactly I wrote my first poem, but it was in November 2022. I'm not extremely proud of it, but it's not too bad for the first one and it helped me get better at them. I also didn't have a lot of inspiration back then, so yeah.

How, when and where do I write them?

I write them at home most of the time. I write my poems into my notebooks and I almost always take a black pen for that. I mostly write them in the evening on my desk. I am more creative in the evening then I am at daytime. I also write ideas that I get during the day into my notes app and have a folder for that (It's very chaotic on that app) and than they often result in poems later.

Inspiration

There are people who inspire me. Some of them are Taylor Swift, Phoebe Bridgers, Ryan O'Neal (sleeping at last), Adele, Birdy, Katie Gregson-MacLeod and Lana del Rey. I also take inspiration from movies or books, especially quotes in them. I recently watched Little Women and everything about this movie is just so inspiring.

So, that was the start of my poem collection. Now you know a little bit more about me and my poems. Enjoy reading them :).